Linnes Finney, Esq., Jr.
Phone: (772) 873-5901
Direct fax: (772) 873-3101
Unity One Building, 145 N.W. Central Park Plaza, Suite 200, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
Linnes Finney, Jr., Esq. is a member of Greenspoon Marder Law’s Personal Injury group in Port St. Lucie, Fla. His practice is concentrated in the areas of Personal Injury, Product Liability, Commercial Litigation, Police Misconduct, and General Civil Litigation. He is a frequent lecturer on various substantive areas of the law and has mentored countless young attorneys.
Mr. Finney earned his J.D. from the University of Florida, where he served as President of the Black Law Students Association and earned the UF College of Law Student Leadership Award. Currently, Mr. Finney is the Southern Province Polemarch of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., serving as the fraternity’s regional representative for the states of Florida and Alabama, and for the Bahamas, Virgin Islands and Panama. He also serves as a board member and general counsel for the Kappa Alpha Psi Foundation, the fraternity’s philanthropic affiliate.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Finney has consistently given of himself by carrying out leadership and membership responsibilities with an array of organizations, including the Academy of Trial Lawyers of America, the Florida Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Fort Pierce Teen Center Advisory Council, Alpha Health Services, Inc., and the Florida Association for Community Action (FACA). Mr. Finney is a member of the Florida Bar Association and past chairman of Judicial Nominations and Procedures Committee. He also served on and served as chair of the judicial nominating committees for the Florida Supreme Court (1996-2000) and the 19th Judicial Circuit (1992-1996). He previously served on the Executive Council of The Florida Bar Association’s Trial Lawyer’s Section. In 2006, Finney was inaugurated as the 64th President of the National Bar Association. He is a board member, trustee, and immediate past chairman of the United Way of St. Lucie County. Mr. Finney is also actively involved in his church, Mt. Bethel Ministries in Fort Pierce, FL, where he serves as a member of the male choir and the marriage ministry.
Mr. Finney has an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale Hubbell.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- Georgia Southern University, B.A.
- Speaker, The National Business Institute’s Advanced Police Liability Claims Seminar, 2014
- The Florida Bar Association, Trial Lawyer’s Section, Former member of the Executive Council
- NAACP, Life Member
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- United Way of St. Lucie County, Board Member, Trustee, and Former Chairman
- National Bar Association, Former President
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2008 – 2011, 2013-2015, PI General: Plaintiff
- C. Francis Stradford Award, National Bar Association, 2012
- Community Impact Award, United Way of St. Lucie County
- Pro Bono Service Award, The Florida Bar, 1993
- Humanitarian of the Year, Florida Head Start Association and Region IV Head Start Association, 1993
- Robert Bryant Award, Agricultural and Labor Program, Inc., 1991