Linnes Finney Jr., Esq.
Phone: (772) 873-5901
Fax: (772) 873-3101
Unity One Building, 145 N.W. Central Park Plaza, Suite 200, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
Linnes Finney Jr. is a member of Greenspoon Marder’s Personal Injury practice group. His practice is concentrated in the areas of personal injury, product liability, commercial litigation, police misconduct, and general civil litigation. He is a frequent lecturer on various substantive areas of the law and has mentored countless young attorneys.
Mr. Finney earned his J.D. from the University of Florida, where he served as President of the Black Law Students Association and earned the UF College of Law Student Leadership Award. Currently, Mr. Finney is the Southern Province Polemarch of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., serving as the fraternity’s regional representative for the states of Florida and Alabama, and for the Bahamas, Virgin Islands and Panama. He also serves as a board member and general counsel for the Kappa Alpha Psi Foundation, the fraternity’s philanthropic affiliate.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Finney has consistently given of himself by carrying out leadership and membership responsibilities with an array of organizations.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1982
- B.A., Georgia Southern University, 1979
- The Florida Bar Association, Trial Lawyer’s Section, Former Member of the Executive Council
- NAACP, Life Member
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Member
- United Way of St. Lucie County, Board Member, Trustee, and Former Chairman
- National Bar Association, Former President
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Florida Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Fort Pierce Teen Center Advisory Council, Member
- Florida Association for Community Action (FACA), Member
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Florida Super Lawyers”, PI General: Plaintiff, 2008 – 2011, 2013-2016
- National Bar Association, C. Francis Stradford Award, 2012
- United Way of St. Lucie County, Community Impact Award
- The Florida Bar, Pro Bono Service Award, 1993
- Florida Head Start Association and Region IV Head Start Association, Humanitarian of the Year, 1993
- Agricultural and Labor Program, Inc., Robert Bryant Award, 1991