Adam Koscielski is an associate in the Cannabis Law Practice group at Greenspoon Marder and advises clients through legal roadblocks, regulatory hurdles, and legislative developments in the highly regulated and competitive cannabis industry. Mr. Koscielski’s practice includes advising cannabis companies on corporate transactions, matters of operational compliance, and state and local licensing. In addition, Mr. Koscielski has extensive experience in drafting cannabis license applications, change of control applications, and working with state regulators on compliance and corporate matters.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Koscielski served as in-house counsel for a multi-state cannabis operator where he advised the company on new license opportunities, operational compliance, and general corporate matters. In addition, Mr. Koscielski headed the company’s Market Development team, where he was responsible for authoring new license applications, and obtaining regulatory approval of license transfers stemming from M&A activity by drafting comprehensive change of control applications. Mr. Koscielski has authored over two dozen cannabis license applications and has successfully transferred licenses in over 40 jurisdictions by obtaining regulatory approval
During law school, Mr. Koscielski was an active member of the Business Law Society and a student clinician at Loyola University Chicago School of Law’s Business Law Clinic. As a student clinician, he counseled and advised local for-profit and not-for-profit businesses on a variety of issues, including business formation and governance, intellectual property, and general corporate matters.
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2018
- B.A., cum laude, University of Dayton, Political Science, 2015
- Acquisition of Colorado and Michigan MSO for consideration totaling over $350 million
- Acquisition of Colorado operator with four recreational dispensaries
- Acquisition of two Ohio medical dispensaries for consideration totaling approximately $25 million
- Acquisition of Michigan co-located dispensary for consideration totaling approximately $5.5 million
- Acquisition of Colorado recreational dispensary for consideration totaling approximately $4.25 million
- Acquisition of Maryland medical dispensary for consideration totaling approximately $2.5 million
- Created and implemented U.S. litigation defense strategy for global micro-mobility client
- Speaker, “Emerging Issues in the Cannabis Industry: Regulation, Employer Rights & Product Liability,” Continuing Legal Education Program, Chicago, January 30, 2020