Alan Schindler is a partner in the Litigation practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. He focuses his practice on general commercial litigation matters, including contract, real estate law, professional liability, and business torts. With more than a decade of legal experience, Mr. Schindler represents a wide array of clients, from public and private entities to individuals spanning many industries, including agriculture, finance, healthcare, mortgage lending, shipping, private equity, and oil and gas industries.
Before joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Schindler worked as a trial attorney at prominent litigation firms in Denver and New York, representing clients in civil and commercial litigation matters in the financial services industry. As an experienced practitioner in and out of the courtroom, he has successfully tried dozens of cases to verdict.
- New York
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2009
- B.A., University of Michigan, Political Science, 2005
- JAC Ventures, LLC v. SFC Energy Mgmt. Gp, LLC , No. 2017CV030190 (Colo Dist. Ct. Denver Cnty)– Served as counsel to a private equity fund focused on the North American oil and gas industry defending against claims of wrongful termination by a former partner. The litigation resulted in a granting of summary judgment in favor of SFC Energy Mgmt and against the former partner.
- Blanks v. Machol & Johannes, LLC , No. 2018-cv-02291 (D. Colo.) – Served as lead counsel for debt collection law firm in defense of class action litigation involving claims of violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Federal Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Pensford Financial Group, LLC v. 303 Software, Inc. No. 18-cv-03286 (D. Colo.) – Served as lead counsel for Charlotte based financial services firm in litigation against a former software developer. Prior to settlement, Pensford obtained an order granting its motion to dismiss the defendant’s counterclaims.
- CableTelevision Laboratories, Inc. v. Buckeye Cablevision, Inc., No. 18-cv-03129 (D. Colo.) – Served as lead counsel for an Ohio-based cable, phone and broadband communication company defending against breach of contract claims.
- Frontier Station, Inc. v. Kloiber Real Estate Holdings, LLC, No. 18-cv-02028 (D. Colo.) – Served as lead counsel for a Kentucky based real estate holding company defending against claims of breach of contract. Obtained an order granting summary judgment in favor of my client and an award of costs.
- Montoya v. Latino, 2017CV30919 (Colo. Dist. Ct. Pueblo Cnty.) – Represented a high school baseball coach in a defamation action against his former employer.
- ACV Enviro Corporation v. BluSky Restoration Holdings, LLC et al., 2019CV30041 (Colo. Dist. Ct. Arapahoe Cnty.) – Represented a New York-based private equity firm in defense of veil-piercing claims in a litigation involving multimillion dollar claims of non-payment and fraud surrounding a nationwide residential property remediation project.
- CableTelevision Laboratories, Inc. v. Classic Communications, Inc. et al., 2020CV30199 (Colo. Dist. Ct. Boulder Cnty.) — Represented Altice USA, Inc. a New York-based cable television provider against multimillion dollar breach of contract claims.
- Hydrate IV Bar LLC v. Elite Hydration, Inc. et al. 2020CV30671 (Colo. Dist. Ct. Denver Cnty.)—Represented local healthcare business in dispute against former employee and competing company.
- House v. Leone, No. 16-cv-02418 (D. Colo. 2018) – Represented an individual in a lawsuit involving Eighth Amendment claims stemming from the government’s deliberate indifference to his suffering from a ruptured appendix while in the custody of the Colorado Department of Corrections. The lawsuit resulted in a high six-figure settlement.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Colorado Bar Association
- Young Lawyer Division Executive Council Member and CLE Committee Chairman, 2017-2021
- Solo/Small Firm Section Executive Council Member and Digital Communications Representative, 2021-Present
- Federal Limited Appearance Program (“FLAP”) Founding Member, 2020-Present
- Federal Pro Se Clinic Advisory Board, 2021-Present
- Denver University School of Law Professional Mentoring Advisory Board Member, 2017-Present
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, 2015-Present
- Georgetown University Alumni Association of Denver Member
- Faculty, “Discovery Practicum – Requests and Responses 101,” December 2021
- Faculty, “FLAP Orientation,” October 2021
- Program Chair, “Litigation Nuts & Bolts CLE on Appellate Issue,” May 2021
- Faculty, “FLAP Orientation,” September 2020
- Program Chair, “Litigation Nuts & Bolts CLE Featuring a Presentation by Justice Richard Gabriel of the Colorado Supreme Court,” April 3, 2018
- Panel Moderator, “Professionalism for Young Lawyers CLE,” October 2017
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Denver Rising Star,” General Litigation, 2019-2022
- White & Case, “Pro Bono Award,” 2011-2012
- Legal Aid Society, “Pro Bono Publico Award,” 2010-2011
- Author, “Professional Defense of the Accused” chapter 35 in Lawyers’ Professional Liability in Colorado (Colo. Bar Assn. 2017 Update)”