Blake L. Osborn is senior counsel with the Litigation practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Businesses and individuals turn to Mr. Osborn in times of crisis. Regardless of the facts or legal issues, Mr. Osborn transforms complex details into compelling narratives for judges and juries. Mr. Osborn is a trial lawyer that has counseled individuals and corporations in various sectors such as entertainment, finance, emerging technology, cannabis, securities, medical, employment, real estate, and white collar in connection with civil and criminal matters pending in state, federal and appellate courts throughout the country. He has successfully litigated class actions, business disputes, founder disputes, breach of contract, trade secrets, unfair competition, copyrights, trademarks, TCPA, employment claims, securities fraud claims, investment disputes, SEC enforcement actions and investigations, and white collar crime. In addition, he has extensive experience in residential foreclosure litigation. While Mr. Osborn has litigated thousands of cases and conducted over twenty trials and arbitrations, his practice includes all aspects of trial and pre-trial litigation, including developing efficient litigation strategies geared towards a client’s practical business needs.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 2010
- Regional Champion, America Bar Association National Moot Court Competition, 2010
- Note and Comments Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- B.A., Davidson College, 2007
- Second-chaired two week bench trial involving a foreign public company and international trust entities concerning alter ego and RICO allegations.
- Second-chaired one week arbitration involving consumer products company concerning breach of contract and fraud.
- First-chaired twelve criminal trials, with more than half leading to complete defense verdicts.
- Second-chaired two week jury trial regarding a fraudulent investment.
- Second-chaired two week jury trial regarding breach of oral contract and fraud.
- First-chaired one week Section 1983 federal jury trial.
- Obtained complete dismissal at pleadings stage for leading medical device company in connection with shareholder class action alleging violations of securities fraud alleging damages over $300 million.
- Obtained complete dismissals for owner and chairman of a leading entertainment and media company in corporate governance litigation throughout the country.
- Obtained complete anti-SLAPP dismissal for entertainment production company.
- Obtained complete dismissals at pleadings stage for global venture investor in various business litigation disputes.
- Successfully represented leading self-driving tech startup in hundred million dollar business dispute and related merger and acquisition.
- Obtained successful settlement on behalf of leading media and digital video recording company in breach of contract and licensing dispute.
- Obtained successful settlement for educational startup company in breach of contract dispute.
- Successfully represented major software company in issues related to patent-infringement trial.
- Successfully represented foreign companies in trade secrets litigation.
- Conducted internal investigation on behalf of publicly-traded company concerning potential violations of whistleblower protection act and allegations of misconduct.
- Successfully represented mobile device company in connection with securities shareholder class action and derivative action.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Young Lawyers Division Committee, Member
- Speaker, United States District Court for the Central District of California Luncheon Honoring Pro Bono Attorneys, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, May 11, 2017