BriAnne Copp is senior counsel in the Family Law practice group at Greenspoon Marder. She advises clients on all aspects of family and matrimonial matters including prenuptial and post nuptial agreements, contested divorce proceedings, custody and child support disputes, post-judgment actions and appeals. She has appeared before the Supreme and Family Courts in New York, Kings, Westchester, and surrounding counties, and argued before the Appellate Division, First Department. As well as an experienced litigator, Ms. Copp is a trained mediator, having completed her training through the Center for Understanding in Conflict.
Ms. Copp has been practicing exclusively in matrimonial and family law since 2012, prior to which she spent four years as a general commercial litigator. She is able to draw on her experience in diverse areas of law including contract litigation, corporate and partnership disputes, complex financial litigation, bankruptcy, trusts and estates, international wealth management, and immigration proceedings in order to better serve her clients.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2010
- New York
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2007
- Annual Survey of American Law, staff editor
- Law Revue, head choreographer, write, & performer
- B.A., Psychology, Yale University, 2002
- Niarchos Stavros Language Study Fellow
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York State Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Member
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association, Women’s Health and Reproductive Rights Committee
- Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership Foundation, Volunteer
In the News
- Quoted, “This Is How Much the Average Divorce Costs — And Where All The Money Goes,” Fatherly, October 1, 2018