Eric Breitman is senior counsel in the Corporate and Business practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Mr. Breitman’s practice focuses on advising multinational corporations, beauty, fashion, luxury goods and other consumer products companies, financial services organizations, life sciences organizations, media, and individual strategic investors in the areas of corporate finance, commercial law, intellectual property, privacy, cybersecurity, and information management. He provides guidance to clients regarding negotiation strategy, M&A, securities, international commercial agreements, corporate finance, information governance, and compliance with federal, state, and non-U.S. laws, including GDPR, and the interface of e-commerce and legal and regulatory areas such as cybersecurity and breach response. Mr. Breitman also has extensive experience acting as outside general counsel to smaller companies without in-house legal departments.
For over 20 years, Mr. Breitman has utilized proactive, successful strategies to bring about desired outcomes advising beauty, fashion, luxury goods and other consumer products, logistics and delivery, gaming, travel and food, and beverage industry clients.
He regularly is relied upon by his clients to guide them on growth strategies including capital raises, to manage sensitive and cross-cultural business dealings, and accurately present risks and liabilities for intelligent business decision-making.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Breitman served as counsel at a midsized business law firm in New York, advising clients in the luxury goods, logistics and delivery, gaming, travel, and food and beverage spaces. He also served for over a decade as Vice President, Assistant General Counsel at Coty Inc., a global, publicly-traded beauty company, focusing on corporate, commercial, intellectual property licensing and protection, technology, and regulatory matters and was recently General Counsel for Lokai, a start-up lifestyle, and accessories brand. In his role, he managed an intellectual property portfolio, including brand protection, licensing, and litigation, as well as negotiating partnerships with athletes, universities, social media influencers, and charitable organizations.
- New York
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1998
- B.A., Political Science, Colgate University, 1992
- French – Conversational
- Advised both international and domestic fashion design houses on various legal matters concerning their lines of high-end beauty products.
- Represented multiple sophisticated investors in the beauty and luxury goods space with regard to their strategic investments in a wide array of companies, ranging from start-ups to well-formed enterprises.
- Advised numerous companies regarding corporate formation structure, governance, compliance, and finance matters.
- Has advised various clients in the packaged goods and logistics industries on multiple legal matters affecting day-to-day operations, including licensing, distribution, and finance.
- Advised and negotiated strategic acquisitions for rapidly growing logistics and service delivery companies, directly contributing to their successful growth and expansion.
- Advised numerous U.S. and Canadian companies on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance, providing counsel on how to implement best practices and what steps should be taken in the case of a data breach.
- Negotiated podcasting agreements for podcast hosts and producers, including for the producers of show “Poetics with Omari Hardwick”. Represented the producers of the podcast in negotiations with talent and secured all music clearances. Negotiated all TV production agreements for the podcast as well as for the talent featured on the show.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Sports Health Institute, Advisory Board Member