Eric Galen brings more than 20 years of business, technology, and entertainment law and deal making experience to Greenspoon Marder LLP. As a partner, Mr. Galen leverages his unique background of corporate, technology, and entertainment law to advise his clients, and serves as a member of the firm’s Sports & Entertainment and Corporate & Business practice groups.
Mr. Galen’s diverse network of clients and collaborators have included:
- Leading companies such as Intel, Microsoft, Fullscreen, Route, Calm, GameSquare Esports, OPI, Jaunt VR, Baccarat, Blo Dry Bar, Awesomeness TV, Musical.ly (now Tik Tok), Imagine Entertainment, Milk & Honey, Audiomack, and Haute Living;
- Investors like Fuel Venture Capital, Raised in Space, and Muse Capital; and
- Talent such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Johnny Depp, Will.i.am, Perry Farrell, Gina Carano, Dennis Rodman, Mayor Francis Suarez, The Picasso Estate, Mike Dean, David Copperfield, and Norman Seeff; and
- Executives at companies like Conde Nast, WME, Faze Clan, BeautyCon, Techstars, Raised in Space, and more.
Mr. Galen has also mentored startups and founders at Techstars, Wearable World, and Orange Fab, and has been a featured speaker and advisor for a number of events and publications including the Wall Street Journal, Digital Hollywood, Institutional Investor Magazine, LA Times, Inc. Magazine, Daily Journal, LA Weekly Business Rockstars, Silicon Beach Fest, UCLA School of Business, USC, CMJ, Miami Music Festival, and ASCAP Expo.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Galen practiced law at top Los Angeles firms including Paul Hastings, and Manatt Phelps & Phillips.
Mr. Galen graduated with a Bachelors in Philosophy from the University of California at Los Angeles cum laude, where he also completed a competitive pre-med curriculum with honors (Golden Key National Honors Society, MENSA society, Mortar Board, and Dean’s List). While at UCLA, Mr. Galen was also a research assistant at the Reed Neurological Research Institute, where he co-authored several published academic papers on blood-brain barrier research.
Mr. Galen earned his law degree from the University of Southern California, where he was a published author in the Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal and qualified for the Hale Moot Court program. In addition, he was voted a “Rising Star” in Super Lawyers Magazine seven times.
- J.D., University of Southern California Law School, 2000
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, Philosophy, cum laude, 1996
- Represented Calm.com (and the Calm app) in major content and collaboration deals with top musicians and talent.
- Represented tech unicorn Fullscreen (YouTube’s largest multi-channel network) in its talent deals, partnerships, and landmark licensing deal with Universal Music.
- Represented the Pablo Picasso Estate in its NFT deals.
- Represented GameSquare Esports in its brand ambassador deal with Tim the Tatman.
- Represented leading music firm Milk & Honey for its NFT ventures.
- Negotiated Shara Senderoff’s deal to join Scooter Braun’s tech fund Raised in Space.
- Advised and assisted Will.i.am with his technology ventures.
- Developed tech projects with Imagine Entertainment and Perry Farrell.
- Represented Kanye West’s producer Mike Dean on his NFT projects with artist Shepherd Fairey.
- As the first team member for Vine stars Jack & Jack, Eric helped build their team, negotiate key deals, executive produce their first radio-quality EP, build their live band, catalyze their first headlining tour and tour movie, and execute the strategy that helped this duo transcend social media into multi-million dollar success and two (2) Gold records.
- Represented Fuel Venture Capital, Muse Capital, and Raised in Space in many investments with leading startups.
- Represented media icon Oren Katzeff in his deal to lead Condé Nast Entertainment.
- Represented actress and MMA fighter Gina Carano in her deals with Daily Wire and others.
- Incubated, managed, and closed a major joint venture between actress Gwyneth Paltrow Blo Dry Bar.
- Served as strategic counsel to DigiTour, helping close their investments from Ryan Seacrest, and Conde Nast.
Professional and Community Involvement
- California Bar Association, Member
- Recording Industry Association of America, Member
- Community-Police Relations Foundation, Member