Francis X. Suarez is of counsel in the Corporate and Business practice group at Greenspoon Marder. Mr. Suarez has more than 13 years of experience in real estate and corporate finance, covering the gamut of clients’ real estate needs, from acquisitions and financing to sales and joint ventures. He also has served as outside general counsel to a variety of companies.
Mr. Suarez serves as mayor of the City of Miami. He previously served as Commissioner for the City of Miami, District 4, working to raise the standards of the city in which he was born and raised. His civic accomplishments on behalf of the city are extensive. He is vice-chair of the Miami-Dade Transportation Planning Organization and immediate past president of the Miami-Dade County League of Cities, to name a few. He is dedicated to elevating the quality of life of the residents he serves by focusing on transportation and connectivity issues within the city and beyond, nurturing the growth of a tech-based economy in the area and, by extension, job creation and international opportunities with Latin America.
Mr. Suarez was recognized as the 2017 Elected Official of the Year by the Latin Builder’s Association.
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- J.D., University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law, cum laude
- B.A., Florida International University
Professional and Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Miami-Dade County League of Cities, Past President
- Miami-Dade Metropolitan Planning Organization, Vice-Chair
- Homeless Trust, Board Member
- Member of Community Redevelopment Agency for Overtown, Omni and Midtown (Chair)
- Banyan Health Systems (formerly known as Miami Behavioral Center, Inc.), former Board Member
- Spectrum Programs, former Board Member
- Moderator, “New Wave of Innovative Real Estate Districts,” eMerge Americas Rendezvous #4, March 16, 2017
- “Rentals, Mixed-Use and Condos and Their Impact on South Florida,” Bisnow, Miami’s Residential & Multifamily Forum, December 13, 2016