Helbert A. Canales-Rojas is an associate in the Litigation practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Mr. Canales-Rojas focuses his practice on business law, commercial litigation, construction litigation, and real estate litigation matters in state and federal courts. Mr. Canales-Rojas is a strong advocate for his clients in the courtroom and has experience in a broad range of complex litigation matters, including:
- Commercial breach of contract disputes;
- Corporate, partnership, and LLC disputes (breach of fiduciary duties and business divorce);
- Non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreement disputes;
- Commercial lease agreement disputes (breach of contract and evictions);
- Disputes concerning rights of first refusal and easements on real property;
- Construction delay and lost profit claims; and
- Intellectual property claims (copyright, trademark, and website domain name infringement).
While Mr. Canales-Rojas focuses his practice primarily on litigation matters, he also provides general counsel to business owners, general contractors, real estate developers, and real estate investors. Mr. Canales-Rojas draws on his broad litigation and transactional experience to counsel clients by drafting and reviewing contracts, negotiating in the early stages of a dispute before proceeding to court, ensuring compliance with applicable industry laws and regulations, and implementing other preventative and cost-saving measures to proactively avoid lawsuits and other potentially costly liabilities.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Canales-Rojas worked as an associate attorney for boutique litigation law firms in Miami where he gained substantive court and deposition experience. Mr. Canales-Rojas graduated from the Florida International University College of Law where he was a Dean’s Scholarship recipient and a research assistant to Judge Phyllis Kotey. Prior to and during law school, Mr. Canales-Rojas worked as a law clerk at a business transactions and litigation law firm and as a judicial intern to Judge James Lawrence King of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
In his free time, Mr. Canales-Rojas enjoys spending time with family and friends, trying new restaurants, watching the Miami Heat, and giving back to his community.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Washington, D.C.
- J.D., Florida International University College of Law, 2019
- B.S., Florida International University, Honors College, 2016
- Intermediate Italian Certificate, Università per Stranieri di Perugia, Italy, 2014
- Italian (Conversational)
- Spanish (Fluent)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Dolphin’s Cancer Challenge, Volunteer
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Volunteer