Jacob C. Elberg is an associate in Greenspoon Marder’s Financial Services practice group. He focuses his practice on representing clients throughout Florida on commercial and residential mortgage foreclosure, loan workouts, and loss mitigation. In addition, Mr. Elberg drafts and negotiates commercial leases for franchisee businesses owners with the Franchise Law practice group. He also works with the Wills, Trusts & Estates practice group, and assists in probating Florida timeshares.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Elberg served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph P. Oxley, P.J.Cv. and the Honorable Lourdes Lucas, J.S.C. in the Civil Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth Vicinage. He also served as a certified mediator, assisting parties in the settlement of small claims disputes.
Mr. Elberg earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Kansas School of Law. During law school, he worked as a judicial intern for The Honorable Freda L. Wolfson, Chief Judge, at the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. He also holds a Bachelor of General Studies in Communications, and a minor in Journalism from the University of Kansas.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 2019
- Co-Founder and President, KU’s Jewish Legal Society
- Co-Founder and Communications Director, Mindfulness in Law Society
- B.G.S., University of Kansas, Communications, minor in Journalism 2016
- Student Commencement Speaker, Communication Studies Graduation Ceremony, May 2016, The University of Kansas
- KU Honor Roll, Top 10% of Communication Studies Graduates
- Co-Founder and Vice President, KU Lambda Pi Eta, Communications Honor Society
- R. 1:40 Certified Dispute Resolution Settlor, New Jersey Courts, 2019
- Advocacy Skills Certificate, The University of Kansas School of Law, 2019
- Media Law and Technology Certificate, The University of Kansas School of Law, 2019
- Jacob C. Elberg and Genelle I. Belmas, Making @YourState “Friends” With #Privacy: Rights and Wrongs In State Social Media Privacy Password Statutes – Presented at the at the Law and Policy Division of the 2018 conference of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication., August 8, 2018