Jacob C. Elberg is an associate in Greenspoon Marder’s Financial Services practice group. He represents some of the nation’s largest lenders in the areas of distressed assets and financial institution litigation, including loan disputes, mortgage foreclosure, and loss mitigation. In addition, Mr. Elberg drafts and negotiates commercial leases for franchisee businesses owners, with the Franchise Law practice group. He previously worked with the Wills, Trusts & Estates practice group, and assisted with probating Florida timeshares.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Elberg served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph P. Oxley, P.J.Cv. and the Honorable Lourdes Lucas, J.S.C. in the Civil Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth Vicinage. He also served as a certified mediator, assisting parties in the settlement of small claims disputes.
Mr. Elberg earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Kansas School of Law. During law school, he worked as a judicial intern for The Honorable Freda L. Wolfson, Chief Judge, at the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. He also holds a Bachelor of General Studies in Communications, and a minor in Journalism from the University of Kansas.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 2019
- B.G.S., University of Kansas, Communications, Minor in Journalism, 2016
- R. 1:40 Certified Dispute Resolution Settlor, New Jersey Courts, 2019
- Media Law and Technology Certificate, The University of Kansas School of Law, 2019
- Advocacy Skills Certificate, The University of Kansas School of Law, 2019
- Student Commencement Speaker, Communication Studies Graduation Ceremony, The University of Kansas, May 2016
- KU Honor Roll, Top 10% of Communication Studies Graduates, The University of Kansas
- Jacob C. Elberg and Genelle I. Belmas, Making @YourState “Friends” With #Privacy: Rights and Wrongs In State Social Media Privacy Password Statutes – Presented at the at the Law and Policy Division of the 2018 conference of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication., August 8, 2018