Jayesh Patel is a partner with the Litigation practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. He is a trial litigator focused on complex financial, real estate, and commercial litigation. He often litigates matters that involved business across sovereign borders, particularly in relation to India, Hong Kong, and Southeast Asia. He has experience in insurance coverage and professional services risk management as well, helping businesses navigate issues in those areas both on an advisory and litigation basis.
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii
- J.D., UC Berkeley School of Law, 1987
- B.S., Finance, UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, 1984
- Business and Finance—Provided advisory and litigation services, including trial, on insurance coverage, securities and financial misrepresentation, lending and loan guarantees, shareholder or member disputes, and dissolution claims.
- Real Estate—Provided advisory and litigation services, including trial, to a variety of real estate developers on high-stakes disputes; construction defects claims; mechanics liens, subcontractor claims, investor claims; landlord tenant disputes for commercial properties; and related insurance coverage issues.
- Joint Venture—Pursued and defended a variety of investor claims involving real estate and business investment projects, based on claimed false-inducement and misrepresentation.
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV Preeminent®
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Super Lawyers Southern California,” 2005-2018