Jeannette Bond is of counsel in the Public Finance practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Ms. Bond has practiced in the public finance area since 1979, concentrating on the federal tax aspects of tax-exempt bonds. She has served as special tax counsel for bonds of state and local governments and authorities, including advance refunding issues of the State of New Jersey. Ms. Bond has provided advice in numerous IRS audits of bond transactions and has helped clients obtain private letter rulings from the IRS. She also assists issuers and conduit borrowers in developing and implementing post-issuance tax compliance procedures relating to their bond issues. Ms. Bond also provides tax services to regional bond counsel firms.
Ms. Bond has more than 30 years of experience in all aspects of a Section 103 tax practice, including interest rate swaps, including termination of swaps; use of proceeds limits for tax-exempt and other tax-advantaged bonds, including credit bonds; and private activity limits.
Ms. Bond has been an active member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers since 1983 and has served as a member of its Board and as its Treasurer. She was a member of the initial editorial board responsible for developing NABL’s multi-volume, loose leaf service, Federal Taxation of Municipal Bonds. She is also a frequent speaker on the tax aspects of public finance issues before various industry and governmental groups.
- New Jersey
- New York
- LL.M, New York University College of Law, 1980
- J.D., Rutgers Law School, 1978
- B.A., Rutgers University, 1975
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, Member
- National Association of Bond lawyers, Former Director and Treasurer
- The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, Tax Law, New Jersey, 2007–2021
- Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year,” Public Finance Law, New Jersey, 2021
In The News
- Featured, “Wake Up Call”, Bloomberg Law, January 29, 2021
- Featured, “Jeannette Bond Named Of Counsel at Greenspoon Marder”, The Bond Buyer, January 26, 2021