Jon Lyman is a partner in the Corporate practice group at Greenspoon Marder. Mr. Lyman provides over two decades of experience, including 15 years practicing internationally, in senior positions at major US law firms with advising corporate and financial institution clients on all manner of transactions, often involving cross-border elements. In addition to regularly advising on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, finance, debt, and equity offerings, Mr. Lyman is frequently called upon by directors and officers to provide legal counsel in connection with investment transactions, including for private equity, venture capital and family office clients, as well as international debt and equity securities issues and trading compliance.
- New York
- U.K. registered foreign lawyer
- J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 1995
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Law Journal, 1994-1995
- B.A., magna cum laude, Boston College, English Language and Literature, 1992
- Represented Magseis ASA, a Norwegian public company and leading provider of ocean bottom seismic systems and services, on the $233 million acquisition of the Seismic Technologies business from Fairfield Geotechnologies, resulting in a new combined company known as Magseis Fairfield
- Represented Platinum Equity in a high-yield offering of $280 million 9.00% senior secured notes, as part of the acquisition financing of UK-based Pattonair Holdings Limited
- Represented Highline Aftermarket, a portfolio company of The Sterling Group, in its definitive agreement to acquire all of the outstanding common stock of New Service Champ Holdings, Inc.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Represented Liberty Oilfield Services, a Riverstone Holdings portfolio company, in its acquisition of the U.S. fracturing, coiled tubing and cementing assets of Canadian Sanj el Corporation
- Represented CMA CGM Group in its agreement to acquire Neptune Orient Lines (NOL), Southeast Asia’s largest container shipping company, from majority shareholder Temasek and affiliates
- Represented Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Allergan in its agreement to combine with Pfizer for an enterprise value of approximately $160 billion
- Represented Platinum Equity in the financing of Platinum’s acquisition of French company WFS Global Holding from LBO France Gestion
- Represented NXMH, a Belgium-based investment company wholly owned by South Korea’s NXC Corporation, in its acquisition of Stokke, a Norwegian children’s furniture manufacturer
- Represented Belgo-Dutch Fortis in the €71 billion consortium takeover of ABN AMRO, at the time the largest financial takeover in history
- Represented French defense and technology company Thales SA in the contested €150 million sale of its electronic payment unit to Hypercom
- Represented Dutch payment security provider Gemalto N.V. in its €1.8 billion tender offer for and resulting merger with Luxembourg SEC registrant Gemplus International S.A.
- Represented French energy company Toreador Resources in its oil exploration joint venture with Hess Oil France SAS, a subsidiary of Hess Corporation, including $120 million work program.
- Represented Toreador Resources in the coordinated disposition of its Hungarian and Turkish energy exploratory businesses.
- Represented UK insurer Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Group plc in its £584million cash tender offer for Danish insurer Codan A/S.
- Represented French pharmaceutical company Sanofi-Aventis in the €183 million sale of its stake in French chemicals company Rhodia in an institutional placement.
- Represented Total S.A. as controlling shareholder of Sanofi-Synthelabo on Sanofi’s €55 billion acquisition of Aventis.
- Represented funds related with Soros Fund Management in the acquisition of an interest in the Immingham coal plant in the UK from Vitol SA, and its related financing.
- Represented Platinum Equity and French airport services company WFS Global Holding in a high-yield notes offering of an additional €50 million of WFS’s 9.50% senior secured notes
- Represented Platinum Equity and French company WFS Global Holding in a high-yield notes offering to fund WFS’s acquisition of CAS Group Intermediate Holdings
- Represented CMA GCM Group in its €550 million offering of 7.75% senior notes due 2021 and €175 million tap issuance of additional senior notes
- Represented Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in its €2 billion multi-tranche Eurobond offering
- Represented Private equity Fund BC Partners and UK estate agent Foxtons plc on Foxtons £390 million initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange
- Represented French shipper CMA CGM in its $945 million high-yield bond offering listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange, and related refinancing of $5oo million of existing outstanding senior notes
- Represented Israeli Teva Pharmaceutical in its institutional offering of €1 billion of 2.875% senior notes and CHF 450 million of 1.500% senior notes
- Represented Bank syndicate led by Commerzbank and Morgan Stanley on the €460 million rights issue of German private hospital operator RHON-KLINKUM AG listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and Munich Exchange
- Represented German reinsurer Munich Re on the €107 million block trade sale of its equity holding in the UK’s Admiral Group Plc.
- Represented Toreador Resources in its concurrent $27.2 million SEC-registered public offering of shares listed on Nasdaq and its $31.6 million aggregate principal amount private offering new convertible senior notes and related bond exchange
- Represented Fortis in its €13.5 billion rights offering
- Represented Underwriters CSFB and Morgan Stanley in the $3.5 billion equity convertible debt and rights offering for Swiss Re.
- Represented Schneider Electric in its €1 billion rights offering
- Guest Lecturer, “Cross-Border Mergers & Acquisitions,” Universite Paris II Pantheon-Assas
In the News
- Quoted, “Although Transactions Have Chilled, Some Fla. Dealmakers See Warming Conditions,” ALM Law, September 5, 2023
- Co-Author, “Takeover Regimes: A Comparison between the UK and the U.S.,” Practical Law Institute