Julie Moeller serves as senior counsel in the Insurance Recovery and Counseling, Litigation, and Entertainment & Sports practice groups at Greenspoon Marder.
Ms. Moeller has significant experience in complex litigation in state and federal courts, as well as arbitral forums, focusing in the areas of insurance, hospitality, sports, construction, personal injury, and energy-related disputes. Additionally, she represents collegiate and professional athletes, professional sports teams and leagues, and entertainers in securing payouts under various insurance products. Her background also includes experience with management liability, commercial general liability, and property insurance policies. She also previously worked as an in-house litigator for an NBA team owner, a national hospitality and gaming company with over 500 restaurants, as well as hotel, resort, amusement, and gaming properties.
Ms. Moeller also is a native Texan and a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, where she served from 1996-2000 as a Supply Management Specialist with the rank of Senior Airman at the time of her honorable discharge.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- New York
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2010
- B.S., University of Houston, 2005
- Past experience as an-house litigator included involvement in complex litigation regarding a $400 million hotel construction project located in Houston, a $20 million cyberbreach lawsuit, including a related insurance coverage action, and multi-million dollar landlord-tenant disputes.
- Defended a general contractor in large scale, multi-million dollar construction defect claim brought by developer of a $40 million commercial building project. The client paid nothing out-of-pocket and recouped most of its attorneys’ fees and expenses from its subcontractors and their insurers.
- Defended luxury window manufacturer in New York state court who provided windows for a multi-million residential project. The window manufacturer was dismissed and paid nothing out-of-pocket.
- Co-counsel in trial court and appellate win: Represented an Italian product manufacturer in a matter with seven figure exposure; obtained dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction, which New York’s Appellate Division, First Department, unanimously affirmed.
- Super Lawyers magazine, “New York Metro Rising Star,” Insurance Coverage, 2014-2016