Kerry Smith is a partner and Team Chair of the Television and Film Group-New York in Greenspoon Marder’s Entertainment, Media & Technology Industry Group. She focuses on television and film production, representing Emmy Award winning television production companies who produce variety programming; news programs; talk formats; live events; documentaries; television variety specials and television awards shows such as the Primetime Emmys and The Tony Awards.
Ms. Smith also represents individual writers, directors, producers, as well as on-air talent within the television and film industry. Prior to receiving her law degree, Ms. Smith was a television agent at Artists Agency in New York. She then held the position of Director of Business Affairs at ABC Entertainment where she left to operate as a sole practitioner, Kerry L. Smith, P.C., concentrating her practice in the entertainment industry for 9 years. Thereafter, she joined Shukat Arrow Hafer Weber & Herbsman, L.L.P. in 2010 as Special Counsel, launching their television and film practice.
- New York
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1999
- Brooklyn Law School Moot Court Honor Society
- B.A., Shippensburg University, 1991
- Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society
In the News
- Apr 12, 2018 Greenspoon Marder Hosts the New York Women’s Bar Association Advance Status Committee Meeting
- Sep 19, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Shareholder Kerry Smith Stewards Legal Production Work For The 69th Primetime Emmy Awards
- Jan 9, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Announces Further Expansion of Entertainment Law Practice Group With New Shareholder Kerry Smith in New York