Lauren Shoemake is a member of Greenspoon Marder’s Litigation practice group. She focuses her practice on business litigation. Since joining the firm, Ms. Shoemake has handled numerous business contract disputes and has assisted with litigating construction contract cases, insurance coverage and bad faith cases, and other complex commercial litigation matters. She also frequently handles collection matters for her clients.
Ms. Shoemake received her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology (with an emphasis in Law, Criminology, and Deviance) from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus, in 2007. Ms. Shoemake moved to South Florida in 2008 to attend St. Thomas University School of Law, where she obtained her law degree cum laude in 2011. During law school, Ms. Shoemake served as Notes and Comments Editor for the St. Thomas Law Review, was a competitor on the St. Thomas Moot Court Team, and a student instructor of 1L property law for two years. Ms. Shoemake was active in many student organizations on campus, including the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund and the St. Thomas Environmental Law Society. She was also a co-founder of the Gay and Lesbian Law Student Association. Ms. Shoemake spent her third year of law school volunteering for One Love USA International, an NGO dedicated to mobilizing disabled individuals in the African countries of Rwanda and Burundi Council.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law, 2011
- B.A., University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts, 2007
Professional and Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Young Lawyers Division, Member
- St. Thomas University, Law Alumni
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida “Rising Stars,” Business Litigation, 2015-2018
- Super Lawyers Recognizes 15 Attorneys At Greenspoon Marder As “2018 Rising Stars” In Florida
- Super Lawyers Recognizes 16 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys As 2017 Florida Rising Stars
- Super Lawyers Recognizes 21 Attorneys at Greenspoon Marder in Florida
- Super Lawyers Recognizes 38 Attorneys at Greenspoon Marder
- 26 Greenspoon Marder Law Attorneys Listed Among 2015 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars