Loretta C. Thompson is a partner with the Real Estate practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Ms. Thomson’s practice includes both commercial and residential real estate matters. She regularly negotiates and facilitates real estate acquisitions and dispositions and handles tax exchanges for REIT’s, public and private corporations and high net worth individuals. Ms. Thompson also has extensive experience negotiating and administrating finance transactions, commercial leasing, property management contracts, construction and design contracts, and development agreements and easements.
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 1999
- B.A., Scripps College, 1983
- Represented the Playboy Enterprises affiliated entity as seller’s counsel in connection with the sale of the Playboy Mansion for a record-setting $100 million.
- Acted as lender’s local California counsel in a $65 million refinance of existing debt on a historic winery and vineyard estate.
- Represents high net worth individuals in the purchase, sale, leasing and finance of both commercial and residential real estate.
- Represented a national REIT in the $96.5 million sale of a 2,215 unit apartment portfolio.
- Acted as lender’s counsel in $85 million residential property sale.
- Represented a national REIT in $550 million in tax exchanges, resulting in significant tax savings.
- Handled $74 million apartment project sale for a national REIT.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section, Member
- Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Los Angeles (BOMA), Committee Member
- BOMA Sustainability Committee, Member, 2010-2014
- Vistas for Children Charity, Member
- Panelist, “So You Think You Know Title 24: A Checklist for Operations and Tenant Improvements,” BOMA GLA Codes Committee Seminar, March 30, 2017
- Panelist, “BOMA Energy Performance Contract Model (BEPC) and BOMA Green Lease and the BOMA Energy Efficiency Program (BEEP),” Greenbuild International Conference, 2016
- Panelist, “Practical Issues in Section 1031 Exchanges,” USC Gould School of Law 2016 Tax Institute, January 26, 2016
- Panelist, “Partnership and Real Estate Hot Topics,” USC Gould School of Law 2016 Tax Institute, January 26, 2016
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Southern California Super Lawyers,” Rising Star, 2005-2007
In the News
- Quoted, “Eight Common Mistakes HNW Investors Make When Buying Commercial Properties,” National Real Estate Investor, February 22, 2019