Marie Wrighten is a partner in the Labor and Employment and Litigation practice groups at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Ms. Wrighten has extensive experience litigating a wide range of employment issues, including breach of contract, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour claims, unfair competition, and unfair trade practices. She has represented public and private companies in single plaintiff and class action lawsuits. In addition, Ms. Wrighten maintains a complex civil litigation and white-collar criminal law practice where she focuses on complex business and tort litigation with an emphasis on high exposure personal injury litigation, product liability matters, toxic torts, environmental litigation, and hospitality services liability lawsuits.
Ms. Wrighten routinely manages cases from inception through the pleading and summary judgment motion phases, as well as the alternative dispute resolution process, including mediations of multidistrict litigation matters and arbitrations of business and employment disputes. Ms. Wrighten has first-chaired more than twenty jury trials in state and federal court. She has also prepared numerous appellate briefs and conducted oral arguments before various appellate courts. Previously, Ms. Wrighten was senior counsel of Litigation for Nestlé USA, Inc., where she managed the Company’s litigation for its various business units across the country. In this capacity, Ms. Wrighten was pivotal in building the Company’s e-Discovery platform. Earlier in her career, Ms. Wrighten was an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of California and the District of Columbia for approximately three years. Before that, Ms. Wrighten served as an Assistant District Attorney for two years, where she acted as a trial team and department leader throughout her tenure in the office.
Ms. Wrighten received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Stanford University. Ms. Wrighten earned a Juris Doctor degree from Columbia University School of Law, where she graduated as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1993
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- B.A., Stanford University, International Relations, 1990
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Featured Panelist, “All About the Benjamins: Pay Transparency, Pay Equity Litigation & SB1162,” California Association of Black Lawyers (CABL), April 21, 2023