Maritza M. Carmona is an associate in Greenspoon Marder’s Litigation practice group. She focuses her practice on commercial and civil litigation matters in both federal and state courts. Ms. Carmona is an experienced trial and appellate attorney. She has experience representing clients in a variety of matters, such as employment law, contractual disputes, and civil rights matters. As a skilled practitioner, she is also experienced in alternative dispute resolution.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Ms. Carmona worked as an associate attorney for a mid-sized law firm in Maryland where she handled a variety of litigation matters, including internal grievance processes and matters filed in state and federal courts, as well as in administrative agencies. Ms. Carmona also served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Clayton Greene, Jr. of the Court of Appeals of Maryland.
Ms. Carmona enjoys taking an active role in shaping her community. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Maryland Hispanic Bar Association. Ms. Carmona is also an active member of the American Bar Association and Maryland State Bar Association.
Ms. Carmona earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland School of Law. During law school, she was an articles editor for the Maryland Law Review and a student-attorney in the Gender Violence Clinic. In addition, she received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Central Florida.
Before becoming an experienced litigator, Ms. Carmona worked for the United Services Organization (USO), a support-the-troops nonprofit organization, in Kuwait and Afghanistan. Moreover, she also served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Republic of Georgia where she taught English to secondary school students.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- J.D., cum laude, University of Maryland School of Law, 2015
- B.A., Political Science, International Relations, University of Central Florida, 2006
- Won a highly publicized employment discrimination case where a jury entered a verdict of over $260,000 against a municipality.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Maryland Hispanic Bar Association, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Orlando Rising Stars,” Civil Litigation, 2021-2023
- Lawyers Of Color, “Hot List,” 2022