Mark Doerr is a Partner in the New York office of Greenspoon Marder. He is a member of the Litigation and Intellectual Property practice groups, where he focuses his practice on investigating, litigating, and resolving business disputes, usually involving deceptive practices and fraud. His practice often focuses on complex disputes, involving RICO, contract, fraud, and tort claims in federal court, state court, and before arbitral panels. Mr. Doerr’s practice often involves state and federal Constitutional issues.
Mr. Doerr also has substantial experience in transnational disputes involving multi-billion-dollar claims and judgments in foreign jurisdictions. He has represented companies in domestic and foreign investigations, litigations, and arbitrations spanning multiple jurisdictions. Mark has brought and defended numerous Section 1782 actions for discovery relating to disputes in non-U.S. jurisdictions.
Mr. Doerr also advises and represents clients on intellectual property matters, especially trade secrets and trademark prosecution and defense. He advises and represents businesses and individuals in First Amendment-related matters, including false light, rights of publicity, and other reputational and defamation-related issues affecting both subjects of published content and publishers. Mark also counsels and represents clients in patent disputes and litigation.
Mark has conducted and managed investigations in response to regulatory and government civil and criminal inquiries regarding accounting fraud, LIBOR manipulation, securities fraud, healthcare fraud, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and the False Claims Act.
Mr. Doerr’s pro bono work includes representing individuals in immigration-related proceedings, and serving as adviser and legal counsel to the Washington Square Park Conservancy, a 501(c)(3) organization working to ensure that New York’s Washington Square Park thrives.
Mr. Doerr served as law clerk to the Honorable Pamela K. Chen of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Doerr received his law degree from Columbia University, with honors as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and was the Articles Editor for the Columbia Human Rights Law Review. He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in philosophy with distinction from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and was an Edmund J. James Scholar.
Mr. Doerr is admitted to practice law in the States of New York and Illinois. He is also admitted to practice in many federal courts.
Mark is a member of the New York City Bar Association’s New York City Affairs Committee. Mark also serves on the board of directors of the Maya Health Alliance, a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- New York
- J.D., with honors, Columbia Law School
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar;
- Columbia Human Rights Law Review, Articles Editor
- B.A., with distinction, University of Illinois
- Philosophy Departmental Honors
- Dean’s List
- Edmund J. James Scholar
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA), Member
- U.S. News and World Report, “Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch,” Securities Regulation, 2023
- “Need Foreign Discovery? Consider Little-Known Section 1782,” A.B.A. Litig. J., Vol. 39, No. 2, Spring 2013
- “Note, Not Guilty? Go To Jail. The Unconstitutionality of Acquitted Conduct Sentencing,” 41 Colum. Hum. Rts. L. Rev. 235–273, 2009
In the News
- Quoted, “WWE Tattoo Verdict Fails to Settle Complex Copyright Question,” Bloomberg Law, October 24, 2022
- Nov 3, 2022 Greenspoon Marder Partner Mark Doerr Named to 40 & Under List – Northeast by Benchmark Litigation
- Aug 18, 2022 18 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers In America©: Ones To Watch 2023
- Mar 10, 2021 Greenspoon Marder Welcomes Five New Partners In New York Including New Managing Partner