Michael Freimann is partner in the Litigation and Labor & Employment practice groups at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Mr. Freimann has more than 20 years of experience. When advising clients, he draws on his distinctive background, which includes a decade of in-house experience, an extensive trial and litigation record, expertise as a traditional labor law attorney and numerous years as a military attorney. Mr. Freimann continues to serve his country and currently holds the rank of colonel in the United States Air Force.
As a former assistant general counsel for a Fortune 200 company with more than 70,000 employees and multiple subsidiaries, Mr. Freimann understands and appreciates both the legal and business needs of his clients. He advises his clients on a full spectrum of employment and commercial disputes. Mr. Freimann draws on his in-house experience to strategize with his clients and create favorable solutions and outcomes. However, if litigation becomes necessary, few attorneys can match his courtroom experience and success.
Additionally, Mr. Freimann handles all types of traditional labor issues. This entails union organizational issues, National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) advice and litigation, unfair labor practice charges, management and supervisory training, collective bargaining, grievance administration and labor arbitration.
Currently, Mr. Freimann is the state staff judge advocate for the Colorado Air National Guard and holds the rank of colonel. In this role, he acts as the general counsel for commanders and first sergeants providing advice and guidance on a wide range of military legal issues. And, in his civilian capacity, Mr. Freimann assists military members facing courts-martial, administrative boards, and any other disciplinary and administrative issues.
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, for the Western District of Washington,
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- State Courts in Colorado
- State Courts in Nevada
- New York (not active)
- New Jersey (not active)
- Obtained ~$9M award for start-up company in a 3 week trial/arbitration for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented home owners in complex dispute with landowners and local municipality.
- Served as national employment and litigation counsel for staffing company and successfully defended multiple litigation matters (in multiple jurisdictions) and charges of discrimination.
- Obtained protective order for client against former, disgruntled, and harassing employee.
- Successfully defended client in the cannabis industry for a claim of wrongful termination.
- Representing hotel/casino in class and collective action alleging FLSA violations.
- Representing hotel/casino in multiple claims of wrongful termination.
- Successfully defended client in TRO hearing against a former employer who tried to enforce a non-compete agreement.
- Obtained favorable outcome for client in breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty claims and violation of restrictive covenants.
- Successfully represented hotel/casino in multi-plaintiff litigation in which plaintiffs alleged unsafe working conditions and wrongful termination(s).
- Counsel to MGM Resorts in its $825 million sale of the Circus Circus Hotel Casino and Festival Grounds to an affiliate of businessman Phil Ruffin.
- Won contested labor arbitration involving the teacher’s union.
- Served as in-house counsel for hotel/casino and managed its labor arbitration matters during transition period.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Colorado Air National Guard, Member
- USO Denver Advisory Council, Member