Michael Patrick is a partner in the Litigation practice group at Greenspoon Marder. He has advised and represented some of the most recognized and well-known businesses and individuals in the world, often when the stakes are high and the outcomes are critical. Although Mr. Patrick’s practice is rooted in intellectual property and complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts, Mr. Patrick works with clients across a broad spectrum of matters, often encompassing an “outside general counsel” role. He counsels clients across a diverse spectrum of industries, including hunting and shooting sports, firearms, consumer products, luxury goods, fashion and apparel, entertainment, and technology.
Mr. Patrick also regularly represents and counsel clients regarding global intellectual property strategies, including portfolio development, exploitation (including the development and negotiation of licensing and acquisition opportunities), protection, and enforcement (including representing clients in state and federal courts, and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board). Michael also works with clients on a broad array of corporate matters, including commercial transactions, global data privacy matters, public relations and crises, advertising, risk management and mitigation, product liability, and media and social media matters.
Mr. Patrick also counsels individual clients with respect to the use, exploitation, and appearance of their name and images across various mediums, including the internet and social media, and which involve a variety of areas such as licensing (e.g., celebrity licensing), defamation, rights of publicity, and rights of privacy.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- New York
- J.D., George Washington University
- B.A., University of Virginia
- Featured Speaker, SHOT Show, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2017
- Speaker, Licensing Expo, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2013
In the News
- Quoted, “How to Learn From Groupon’s Legal Scrapes,” NBCChicago.com, April 2011
- Interviewed, “American Greed: Hedge Fund Imposter,” CNBC, April 13, 2011
- Featured, “IP Litigator, Licensing Journal, IP Frontline,” Harford Business Journal