Michael Patrick is a partner in the Litigation and Corporate practice groups at Greenspoon Marder, and is a member of the firm’s Values(s) Management and Investing affiliate. Mr. Patrick’s practice and experience spans numerous industries on a global scale, including working with and representing some of the most recognized and famous companies, celebrities, and entrepreneurs in the World in high-stakes litigation and international and domestic corporate transactions. Given the range of his experience, Mr. Patrick often practices in an “outside general counsel” role, providing clients with comprehensive, “360 degree” representation that balances legal strategies with realistic business objectives.
As an “outside general counsel” and on more narrowly focused matters, Mr. Patrick has extensive experience in the consumer products, hunting/firearms, luxury goods, and toy industries representing companies and individuals of all sizes, including some of the most iconic companies and well-known individuals. Mr. Patrick routinely advises such clients on a broad range of issues, including corporate governance, supply chain, sustainable growth, ESG, strategic acquisitions, licensing and regulatory compliance, litigation, risk mitigation and prevention, commercial and products liability, employment, e-commerce/internet, retail and online distribution, branding, advertising and marketing, anti-bribery and other areas of compliance, data privacy, intellectual property, import and export, and public relations matters.
Mr. Patrick also has extensive experience in all aspects of media, entertainment, and intellectual property, including commercial transactions, intellectual property and trade secret theft, sports, unfair competition, rights of publicity, defamation and reputation protection, privacy, trademarks, copyrights, patent infringement, licensing, celebrity branding, famous trademarks, television and motion pictures, merchandising, and public relations.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- New York
- J.D., George Washington University
- B.A., University of Virginia
- Featured Speaker, SHOT Show, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2017
- Speaker, Licensing Expo, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, “New York Super Lawyers,” Intellectual Property, 2020-2021
- Super Lawyers magazine, ““Rising Star,” 2013-2014
In the News
- Quoted, “How to Learn From Groupon’s Legal Scrapes,” NBCChicago.com, April 2011
- Interviewed, “American Greed: Hedge Fund Imposter,” CNBC, April 13, 2011
- Featured, “IP Litigator, Licensing Journal, IP Frontline,” Harford Business Journal
- Oct 18, 2021 Greenspoon Marder Announces New ESG Affiliate: Value(s) Management and Investing With International Team
- Sep 30, 2021 Super Lawyers Recognizes 11 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys In New York Metro 2021 Edition
- Mar 10, 2021 Greenspoon Marder Welcomes Five New Partners In New York Including New Managing Partner