Michael R. Fostakowsky is a partner in the Labor and Employment practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. He concentrates his practice on employment and labor litigation before state and federal courts. He regularly represents employers and employees in a broad range of matters, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour issues, as well as Labor Code violations.
As a seasoned employment lawyer in and out of the courtroom, Mr. Fostakowsky has extensive experience litigating matters to verdict and successfully resolving hundreds of cases through mediation or other methods of alternative dispute resolution. He has also represented clients the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, the Department of Fair Employment & Housing, as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
With over a decade of legal experience, Mr. Fostakowsky has substantial experience litigating consumer, catastrophic injury, and employment matters on behalf of aggrieved employees. Clients turn to Mr. Fostakowsky because he brings a solutions-based perspective representing and defending employers in claims by employing a pragmatic and practical approach to each litigation dispute.
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law, 2008
- B.S., Santa Clara University, 2002
Professional and Community Involvement
- California State Bar Labor, Employment Section, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association, Member
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Southern California Rising Stars,” Employment Litigation, 2017-2020
- Sep 27, 2022 Greenspoon Marder Supports 2022 Oak Tree Classic Golf Tournament Hosted By the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Aug 24, 2022 Greenspoon Marder Labor & Employment Team Prevails on a Motion for Summary Judgment on Behalf of B&B Manufacturing, Co., Inc.
- Apr 4, 2022 Greenspoon Marder Expands Labor and Employment Capabilities with Addition of Three New Attorneys In Los Angeles