Neil Thakor is an associate in the Litigation practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Mr. Thakor has experience litigating disputes in the fields of healthcare, entertainment, privacy, employment, labor, consumer class actions, bad faith insurance claims, landlord/tenant, and general business litigation. He has represented clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to low-income individuals.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2015
- New York University School of Law Closing Argument Competition, Champion
- Georgetown White Collar Crime Invitational, Champion
- Student Trial Advocacy Competition, New York Regional, Champion
- American University Washington College of Law Trial Advocacy Competition, Best Defense Advocate
- B.A., University of California, Irvine, 2012
- Second-chaired FINRA arbitration on behalf of investment bank suing former managing director for diverting over $50 million in business opportunities.
- Lead associate in a two-week class action bench trial on behalf of property manager accused of breaching the warranty of habitability.
- First-chaired two-day bench trial for permanent restraining order on behalf of domestic violence victim.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of medical center accused of terminating employee for whistleblowing.
- Represented national health insurance company in one of the largest HIV-related privacy breaches in history.
- Represented one of the largest retail clothing companies in the world in several discrimination and harassment lawsuits.
- Lecturer, “Political Science 179: The Art of Trial Law,” University of California, Irvine