Ron Lebow is Senior Counsel in the Health Law practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Mr. Lebow focuses his practice on business, contract, corporate and regulatory matters. He has extensive experience drafting and negotiating agreements and structuring operations and business arrangements for multi-specialty groups, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers, hospitals, clinical laboratories and other medical providers. Additionally, he routinely works with physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, dentists and a wide range of other health care professionals.
He also advises management companies, private investors and venture capitalists.
Further, Mr. Lebow has significant experience with health care-related, web-based and mobile app start-up business ventures.
With considerable regulatory expertise, Mr. Lebow is able to ensure legal compliance on the deals and companies he structures. He has vast knowledge of the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, additional fraud and abuse laws and regulations, HIPAA, fee splitting laws and those regulations governing professional misconduct, both at the state and federal level.
Mr. Lebow helps clients establish practices and mega-groups, structure investor and management relationships, as well as buy and sell practices and companies. He also drafts and negotiates shareholder and operating agreements, asset purchase agreements, employment agreements, equipment and intellectual property licenses, management agreements, marketing and sales representative agreements, billing agreements and software-related contracts.
Mr. Lebow served as Chair of the NYC Bar Association Health Law Committee in Manhattan as well as Chair of the Hospital and Health Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association for a collective period of five consecutive years, where he influenced legislative policy in New York and educated his colleagues on the intricacies of health law regulations and rapidly evolving policy. He is a widely published and accomplished writer and speaker, having been invited to present at conferences and publish articles concerning regulatory compliance, transactions, and industry developments relating to physicians, urgent care centers, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories, investors and other stakeholders.
- New York
- New Jersey
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2001
- B.S., Boston University, 1998
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York City Bar Association, Health Law Committee, Chair, 2011-2014
- Nassau County Bar Association, Hospital and Health Law Committee, Chair, 2009-2011
- Speaker, “Structuring Treatment Facilities in light of Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statutes,” National Conference on Addiction on Disorders, August 20, 2017
- Speaker, “Insurance-Related Cybersecurity: Be Prepared,” Insurance Hot Topics, May 2017
- Speaker, “Structuring Your Enterprise With Sales Value in Mind,” Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) 2017 Spring Urgent Care Convention & Expo, National Harbor, May 2, 2017
- Speaker, “Stark Law: The Legal Exceptions to the Rule,” Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) 2016 Fall Conference, September 30, 2016
- Speaker, “Top Legal Issues Facing Urgent Care,” Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) 2016 Spring Conference, Orlando, FL, April 18, 2016
- Speaker, “Employee and Employer Negotiation: Key Practice Options + Partner Time,” Dermatology Authority, Manhattan, NY, February 20, 2016
- Speaker, “Legal Insight: Addressing the Top Legal Issues to Consider When Opening and Operating an Urgent Care Center,” Strategic Solutions Network, Phoenix, AZ, January 28, 2016
- Speaker, “Patient Lawsuits – What To Do If You Think You Might Be Sued,” New Derm LIVE 2015, Hollywood, CA, September 20, 2015
- Speaker, “First Steps: Legal Considerations for Starting Out in a Practice,” New Derm LIVE 2015, Hollywood, CA, September 19, 2015
- Speaker, “Payer Litigation: What Do We Do now?,” Becker’s ASC Review 13th Annual Spine, Orthopedic & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine, Chicago, IL, June 13, 2015
- Speaker, “Structure and Provision of Health Care in New York State in 2014 and Beyond,” Implementation of the Affordable Care Act: Implications for 2014 and Beyond, New York City Bar Association, New York, NY, March 21, 2013
- Speaker, “Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs): Practical Implementation in New York,” The Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the City Bar Center for CLE, New York, NY, September 2011
- Speaker, “Healthcare Reform’s Impact on Legal Practice,” The Association of the Bar of the City of New York 2010 City Bar Summer Series, New York, NY, August 2010
- Super Lawyers magazine, “New York Metro Rising Star,” 2013-2015
In the News
- Mentioned, “The Obstacles of Encumbrances and Liabilities,” The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, August 19, 2015
- Mentioned, “Transactions & Negotiations: The Deeper Details of Contract Assumption,” The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, August 17, 2015
- Mentioned, “Using Transitional Services Agreements in Urgent Care M&A Transactions,” The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, April 24, 2015
- Author, “What Happens When Your Practice Is Purchased By a Private Equity Company?,” Practice Path MD, November 2017
- Author, “Post-acquisition insurance agency and brokerage compliance,” Property Casualty 360, November 13, 2017
- Author, “First Steps Under New York’s Cyber Rules: Risk Assessment, Policies, Procedures,” Insurance Journal, April 12, 2017
- Author, “New York’s Cybersecurity Rules: What Insurance Professionals Should Know,” Insurance Journal, March 6, 2017
- Author, “10 Ways Private Equity Investors Evaluate Addiction Treatment Centers,” Behavioral Healthcare Executive, February 13, 2017
- Author, “Financial and Legal Options For Economically Distressed Rural Hospitals,” Becker’s Hospital Review, August 30, 2016
- Author, “Corporate Practice of Medicine: Could Your Current Operating Structure Be at Risk?,” The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine, May 2, 2016
- Author, “Joint Venture Fraud: An Examination of Investments in Clinical Laboratories by Referral Sources,” Advance Healthcare Network, March 7, 2016
- Author, “Restrictive Covenants,” Farr Healthcare, Inc. Newsletter, March 2016
- Author, “Restrictive Covenants,” Farr Healthcare, Inc. Newsletter, January 2016
- Author, “Legal Implications of Integration of Hospitals and Urgent Care Centers,” Journal of Urgent Care Medicine, December 2015
- Author, “Hospitals Employment of Oncologists,” Physician Wealth Management, February 2013
- Author, “Pitfalls to Avoid when Selling a Practice,” Drs. Reference The Magazine, Fall 2012
- Author, “Promises, Shmomises! Can I See it in Writing? Residents Will Benefit by Successfully Negotiating Employee Agreements,” American Academy of Dermatology’s Directions in Residency, Spring 2012
- Author, “A Chapter in The Legal Manual for Physicians ,” The Legal Manual for Physicians, 2012