Tim Finnegan is involved in litigation and has worked extensively in the area of product liability litigation. He has advised the firm’s clients on a broad range of product liability issues both in the United States and in Europe. Mr. Finnegan has also participated in federal and state legislative hearings on behalf of the firm’s clients.
Mr. Finnegan has acted as national coordinating counsel for several major clients and served in that capacity in the successful defense of a United States tobacco company in a product liability action brought in U.S. District Court in Oklahoma City. He has also been involved in product liability matters dealing with alcohol and health, as well as cases dealing with claims of occupation-induced asthma. In connection with these matters, Mr. Finnegan has worked extensively with experts in the fields of cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and addiction.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuits
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
- LL.B., New York University, 1967
- B.A., St. John’s University, cum laude, 1964
Professional and Community Involvement
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC), Member