Tod Aronovitz is a partner with Greenspoon Marder’s Personal Injury and Litigation practice groups. With more than 45 years of litigation experience, Mr. Aronovitz concentrates his practice on catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases serving clients in Florida and throughout the United States.
Mr. Aronovitz also has substantial experience handling complex civil jury trial matters for his clients, as well as cases which have set legal precedents in the State of Florida and nationally, including premises liability, aviation negligence and defective products cases. He is recognized in Florida as a leading consumer advocate obtaining significant jury verdicts in personal injury litigation and complex civil litigation matters.
Before joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Aronovitz founded and led his own firm, concentrating on serious injury and wrongful death cases, negligent security, aviation negligence, and accidents causing amputation, traumatic brain injuries, paraplegia and spinal cord injuries on behalf of clients who were injured due to consumer abuse or negligent conduct. Each case handled by Mr. Aronovitz is diligently prepared for trial.
Throughout Mr. Aronovitz’s legal career, his high-profile cases have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Miami Herald, St. Petersburg Times, Sun Sentinel, Chicago Tribune, NBC Today Show, CBS Nightly News, CNN, MSNBC, and Bloomberg’s Business News.
In addition to his professional accomplishments, Mr. Aronovitz has been a champion serving the Florida legal community. He served as President of The Florida Bar (2002-2003) and formerly served on the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar. He also served as a member of the House of Delegates of the American Bar Association and proudly serves as a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and Dade County Bar. Furthermore, Mr. Aronovitz has served on the Board of Directors of The Florida Bar Foundation and the Florida Supreme Court Historical Society.
As President of The Florida Bar, Tod Aronovitz served the states’ citizens and legal community through his impassioned leadership and dedication. His Dignity in Law program improved public education and perception of lawyers and remains a part of the Bar’s communication efforts.
Furthermore, he has lectured for The Florida Bar and has authored publications on the subject of trial preparation, trial strategy, jury trial techniques, and complex personal injury law issues in Florida. Additionally, Mr. Aronovitz has also proudly served as an adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Miami School of Law where he teaches Professional Responsibility.
In 2021, he was honored by the ADL and was presented the 2021 Florida Jurisprudence Award in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the legal profession and Florida community for his high ethical standards and dynamic leadership.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1974
- B.A., University of Georgia, 1971
Personal Injury Litigation
- $20 Million Dollar Settlement
- Vigorously litigated an anesthesia error medical malpractice case involving a single mother and her children resulting in a 20 Million Dollar settlement against an anesthesiologist and his employer.
- $12.5 Million settlement – Settlement of Medicare Fraud Case against a Florida Hospital
- $4 Million settlement – Construction accident case in which a 37 year-old father of four was rendered a quadriplegic when he fell from a roof at a housing construction site.
- $3.5 Million settlement – Nursing error caused brain damage to a 43-year old mother who was admitted to a Miami hospital for induction of labor as a “high risk” pregnant patient.
- $2.160 Million jury verdict award – Van rollover case in which a 24 year-old amateur athlete from St. Kitts was seriously injured and a jury returned a verdict against a rental car company.
- $2.4 Million judgment – Precedent setting airline case involving a trial in federal court resulted in a $2.4 Million judgment against Lufthansa German Airlines that resulted in a prompt airline industry change in which all airlines required defibrillators be used on all flights.
- $2.4 Million settlement – Auto head-on collision post trial settlement against truck company.
- $900,000 settlement– Florida Supreme Court precedent setting rape case
- A $900,000 settlement was obtained in a premises liability/negligent security action against a clinic where our client, a female graduate student, was robbed, kidnapped, and sexually assaulted.
- $1 Million settlement – widow of professional baseball player
- After a two-week trial, a settlement in excess of $1 Million against a national hotel chain for the death of our client’s 30 year-old husband who was a guest at one of its Florida hotels.
- $480,000 jury verdict – against Florida trucking company.
- Obtained a $480,000 jury verdict after our client suffered crush injuries when his vehicle was struck by a cement truck.
Professional and Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- President of The Florida Bar, 2002-2003
- Member of Board of Governors, 1996-2001
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society, Board of Trustees
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 2001-2004
- All Bar Conference Committee, 1996-1997, 1998-1999
- Executive Committee, 1998-2001
- Long Range Planning Committee, 1999-2000
- Florida Bar Journal/News Editorial Board, Liaison, 2000-2001
- Aviation Law Certification Committee, Liaison, 1999-2000
- Eleventh Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
- University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association, Past President
- University of Miami School of Law, Iron Arrow Honorary Society
- University of Miami School of Law, Bar and Gavel Honorary Society
- Florida Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism
- Alliance for Ethical Government
- Dade County Put Something Back Program
- ABOTA Guardian Ad Litem Program
- Charter Member Coalition for Family Safety
- Miami Jewish Health, Board of Directors
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Dade County Bar, Board of Directors
- Martindale Hubbell, AV-Preeminent Rating
- The highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
- American Society of Legal Advocates, “Top 100 Trial Lawyers”
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) and The Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Florida Super Lawyers,” Medical Malpractice, 2006 – 2022
- Selected as “Top 100 Miami Area Lawyers” from 2013-2021
- U.S. News & World Report, “Best Lawyers in America,” Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2008 – 2022
- Florida Trend magazine, “Legal Elite,” 2004-2022
- Florida Trend magazine, “The Legal Elite Hall of Fame,” 2010-2022
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyer,” 2010-2022
- Aronovitz was honored as one of Florida’s leading trial attorneys in the civil trial and class action categories.
- The American Registry, “America’s Most Honored Professionals Award,” 2014-2015
In The News
- Featured, “President Lesser Tapped For Um’s Iron Arrow Honor Society,” The Florida Bar News, April 18, 2023