Wendy Michael’s practice focuses on representing large corporate clients in high-value product liability litigation and complex commercial disputes, primarily on the defense side.
In the product liability arena, Ms. Michael has extensive experience in fact investigation and development of evidence in support of defense strategies. On the commercial side, Ms. Michael’s work has been in the context of both traditional judicial forums as well as in alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Ms. Michael has coordinated the defense of all phases of commercial arbitration involving environmental and insurance coverage issues, as well as procedural issues concerning the interplay between an arbitrator’s powers and the state and federal courts. Recently, Ms. Michael successfully represented a high profile client in a dispute involving a substantial real estate commission resulting in clarification of New York jurisprudence applicable to the respective rights of brokers and their potential clients.
Ms. Michael has held a series of positions with increasing responsibility within the State of Wisconsin Judicial System, culminating in her appointment and ensuing service as a Court Commissioner in Wisconsin Circuit Court. During this period Ms. Michael also oversaw the Court’s judicial clerkship program and served as an adjunct professor of legal writing for a local college.
- U.S. District Courts, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- New York
- J.D., Marquette University, 1988
- B.A., Michigan State University, 1979
Professional and Community Involvement
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member