Greenspoon Marder’s Blockchain, Digital Assets & Technology Transactions practice group advises clients across the globe on an array of blockchain and related matters. Our team of attorneys provide a comprehensive approach to addressing the needs of companies implementing blockchain technology solutions and creating and deploying digital assets. We understand the legal systems that vary from country to country and the challenges faced when implementing this new technology.
Our multidisciplinary approach and extensive experience in a variety of related practices including corporate securities, business, government relations, labor and employment, regulatory compliance and taxation, as well as our renowned expertise in real estate, entertainment, litigation and cannabis enable us to better assist our clients in navigating the opportunities that arise and attain their strategic goals through the use of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies.
Greenspoon Marder’s Blockchain, Digital Assets & Technology Transactions attorneys serve domestic and international businesses, high net-worth individuals, non-profits, start-ups and entrepreneurs. We assist our clients at every stage of their life-cycle, from the early beginnings of raising funds to build new products and offerings using blockchain technology to Fortune 500 companies implementing blockchain-based solutions. Our team of attorneys is actively involved with industry associations and a variety of organizations focused on educating stakeholders on distributed ledger technology, blockchain and the tokenization of assets.
Blockchain technology offers the creation of new services and the ability to transform business models. As the blockchain ecosystem evolves, an array of legal challenges face companies implementing the solution. These challenges not only affect the business, but their suppliers and customers as well. Blockchain also provides the opportunity to develop a new class of assets: digital assets, which can include digital currencies (also known as cryptocurrencies) as well as representations of existing assets, such as equity or debt and may provide greater liquidity to traditionally illiquid assets such as real estate, fine art and patents.
Our attorneys provide advice on blockchain and digital assets in the following areas:
- Corporate structuring
- Criminal defense (including white collar defense)
- Digital currencies
- Financial regulatory regimes (CFTC, state money transmitter and FINCEN)
- Foundations (including tax and formation)
- Fund formation
- Government relations
- International tax structuring
- Intellectual property protection strategies
- Intellectual property licensing
- Litigation from contract disputes to securities regulation
- Logistics and supply chain
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Privacy regulations
- Sales and use tax
- Security enforcement and regulations
- Smart contracts
- Tokenization of assets
- Venture capital financings
Technology impacts all industries worldwide; this is a simple fact that we understand and appreciate. A practitioner’s value is maximized through comprehensive understanding of a client’s business industry, which is why we focus our technology practice on particular sectors that include:
- Information Technology (IT) and Security
- Real Estate
- Arts, Media, Entertainment, and Gaming
- Health Care
At Greenspoon Marder, we have counseled these industries on transactions that range from initial organization and capital structure to technology and intellectual property licensing, manufacturing and distribution of product(s), and international regulatory compliance. We have also advised our clients about employment matters and conducted due-diligence investigations with respect to internal audits and external transactions.
Our clients trust us to identify any legal and commercial risks they may encounter, develop strategies to minimize any potential or realized issues they may face, and protect their interests at all times.
- Oct 13, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Katya Fisher And Of Counsel Francis Suarez Featured Speakers At Acronis Global Cyber Summit
- Sep 17, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Katya Fisher Moderator At HODL’s Seminar: The Path Forward For ETFs And Digital Assets
- Jun 19, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Katya Fisher Co-Hosts “Blockchain & International Law” Discussion In Moscow
- Apr 22, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Launches Blockchain, Digital Assets and Technology Transactions Practice Group