Rob Jackson is a partner in the Resort and Timeshare practice group of Greenspoon Marder. He concentrates his practice in the areas of resort, hospitality, vacation ownership and timeshare development and financing as well as the acquisition and disposition of hotels, resorts, and commercial real estate. Mr. Jackson has been instrumental in the creation and development of timeshare and vacation plans throughout the United States as well as the licensing, registration, and regulatory requirements associated therewith. Mr. Jackson advises and works closely with both publically and privately held timeshare developers and lenders and has significant experience in the negotiation and closing of acquisition and development loans, timeshare receivables financing facilities, and timeshare mortgage asset backed securitizations.
Mr. Jackson is also well recognized in the vacation ownership and timeshare industry for his involvement in assisting some of the industry’s largest developers in the collection and recovery of their mortgage loan portfolios as well as advising management companies and owner’s associations in the collection and recovery of assessments and maintenance fees. He has also negotiated a significant number of complex resort and timeshare property management agreements, sales and marketing agreements, and has successfully handled multiple resort property tax appeals.
Mr. Jackson and is an active participant in and provides legal counsel to the Westgate Foundation. He and his family are also involved in Fuel My School which is a non-profit which raises money for schools and education.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Bar Admissions and Activities
- J.D., Nova Southeastern Law University
- B.S., University of Florida, 1992
- Westgate Resorts
- Hilton Grand Vacations Company, LLC
- Hilton Resorts Corporation
- Bluegreen Corporation
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Represented timeshare developer in the issuance of $221,000,000 in timeshare collateralized mortgage notes
- Represented resort owner in successful property tax appeal which reduced property tax assessment from $386,000,000 to $98,000,000, resulting in tax savings of approximately $3,000,000
- Represented timeshare developer in the issuance of $165,000,000 in timeshare collateralized notes
- Represented timeshare developer in construction and development of ski-in/ski out mixed use condominium and timeshare project located at The Canyons®, Park City, Utah
- Represented timeshare developer in securing $250,000,000 receivables loan facility
- Represented timeshare developer in the acquisition, construction and development of 1,200+ unit branded, mixed use hotel and vacation ownership project on Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada