Sandra Brown is an attorney in the Entertainment & Sports practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. She focuses on strategic business counseling to clients and their business and management teams. She works with a broad spectrum of talent, including award-winning recording artists, music producers, songwriters in Hip Hop, Pop, Rock, and Christian music, as well as independent filmmakers, music managers, music executives, professional athletes and entertainment companies. Much of Ms. Brown’s practice focuses on structuring and negotiating agreements across the complex and often interconnected areas of recorded music, music publishing, live performances, television talent agreements, independent film production, merchandising, sponsorships and endorsements.
Before joining Greenspoon Marder, Ms. Brown was a partner at a mid-sized business law firm in Atlanta, representing clients in corporate, entertainment, and intellectual property matters. She also had her own practice for several years representing successful talent in her own entertainment industry. Prior to establishing her own practice, Ms. Brown spent five years as Of Counsel in the Entertainment Group of a large international law and started her legal career as the Associate Director of Business Affairs for the entertainment companies owned by hit music producer and Reality TV Producer, Jermaine Dupri.
Ms. Brown has taken an active role in shaping the entertainment law community. With radio appearances, national conference speaking engagements, and at various colleges and universities, including Georgia State University, Florida A&M University, and her alma maters, Florida State University, and Nova Southeastern University.
- New York
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1994
- B.S., Nova Southeastern University, Legal Studies, 1991
Professional and Community Involvement
- State Bar of Georgia, Entertainment & Sports Law Section, Vice Chair, 2000-2004
- National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS), Member
- Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association (BESLA), Member
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Member
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation (CKSF), Volunteer & Scholarship Donor, former Advisory Board Member
- Speaker, “The Key to the Money: Engagement Agreements, Fee Structures & Best Practices,” BESLA, November 7, 2019
- Daily Report, “Best Mentors,” Georgia Legal Awards, 2022
- American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers, “ASCAP’s Women in Music,” Honoree
- “Florida State University Celebrates Women Entrepreneurs,” 2015
- Nova Southeastern University, Distinguished Alumni Award Recipient, 2013
- American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers (ASCAP) Honors Women in Music, Honoree, also featured in Billboard Magazine, November 2010
- The Atlanta Post, “13 Women Fueling the Music Industry,” featured in November 2010
- Contributor, “50 Lessons for Women Lawyers, From Women Lawyers”, by Nora Riva Bergman, 2019
- Digital Transmission of Sound Recordings, New York Law Journal, 1995
- Sound Recording Advances Call for Change in Law, New York Law Journal, 1994