Project New Leaf is a call-to-action and mobilization of our talented attorneys across the U.S. to provide pro bono expungement and record sealing services, in addition to other much needed community services.
This project is vital to our local communities. Removing certain offenses from one’s criminal record can minimize or even remove some of the barriers that disproportionately impact underserved and minority communities, such as access to employment or safe housing due to the background checks that are often required. In addition, this work has been linked to a decrease in recidivism rates—the likelihood of an individual going back into the justice system—effectively empowering individuals to “turn a new leaf.”
We host and participate in several successful community workshops in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Denver, with plans for other markets in the future. By offering legal services and financial assistance for eligible applications, we have been able to empower many individuals. The “Project New Leaf” community workshop program is a great example of Greenspoon Marder’s commitment to actionable social equity in our community and has helped us to further our relationships with local officials and organizations. Because of Project New Leaf’s success, we have expanded our partnerships and services to include information on housing, immigration, small business creation, and victim advocacy. We are now expanding into additional markets including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and more.
Please email ProBono@gmlaw.com if you would like to request more information or are interested in partnering to serve our communities.
- Broward County Clerk of Courts
- Broward County State Attorney’s Office
- City of Miami Police Department
- Expunge Colorado
- Miami-Dade County Clerk of Courts
- Miami-Dade County Police Department
- Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office (Second Chance Program)
- Miami-Dade County Public Defender’s Office
- Miami-Dade County Community Action & Human Services
- Foster Grandparent Program, Retired Senior Volunteer Program, RELIEF
- Miami-Dade County Public Housing & Community Development
- Affordable Housing and Homeless Trust, Housing Choice Vouchers, Public Housing
- Provides free wireless service to eligible applicants through government programs like Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).