Brent D. Klein focuses his practice on domestic and foreign tax matters and planning, as well as estate planning, corporate and commercial transactions, health law and business matters.
As part of his tax and corporate practice, Mr. Klein has been involved in the structuring and documentation of executive compensation plans, qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plans, and welfare benefit plans for numerous employers.
In addition, he has been involved in the structuring and documentation of mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses in various industries.
In the area of health law, Mr. Klein has been involved in the negotiation, structuring and documentation of contracts among providers and payors, hospitals and physicians, and physician groups
- Supreme Court, State of Arizona
- Supreme Court, State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Miami, 1977
- J.D., Arizona State University College of Law, cum laude, 1975
- B.A., Pomona College, 1971
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- University of Miami, Graduate Tax Program, Adjunct Professor of Law, 1999-2012
- Board Certified in Tax Law, The Florida Bar
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV® Preeminent ™
- South Florida’s “Top Rated Lawyers,” 2012
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Super Lawyer” Florida, 2006
- Co-Author, “An Analysis of the Federal Income Tax Consequences of Severance Pay Plans Funded Through Section 501(c)(9) Trusts,” Journal of Pension Planning and Compliance
- Co-Author, “Federal Gift and Estate Taxation of Group Term Life Insurance,” Florida Bar Journal
- Mar 30, 2020 Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act Includes Two Small Business Loan Programs: Which to Choose?
- Nov 8, 2018 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Selected as 2018 Legal Leaders
- Nov 14, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Receive 2018 AV Preeminent Rating By Martindale-Hubbell
- Nov 3, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Receive 2017 AV Preeminent Rating By Martindale-Hubbell
- Nov 26, 2016 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Selected as 2016 Legal Leaders
- Jun 14, 2012 South Florida’s Top Rated Lawyers, 2012