Greenspoon Marder LLP’s International Practice Group provides comprehensive representation in the areas of corporate and commercial transnational law and investments, including international taxation. As a full-service law firm, our international practice has the luxury of drawing on the resources and experience of a myriad of disciplines, including our tax, corporate, securities, intellectual property, banking, real estate, litigation and trusts and estates attorneys.
Our team represents clients in a variety of industries and professions, including:
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Franchisors and Franchisees
- Governmental Entities
- Importers and Exporters
- Maritime Companies
- Private and Public Corporations
- Real Estate Developers
Our international team is highly experienced and knowledgeable with regard to the cultures, government infrastructure and international organizations of Latin America. We understand what is required to successfully conduct business in foreign countries. We keep close relationships and alliances with lawyers and law firms throughout the world and call on them when necessary.
Greenspoon Marder’s International Practice Group assists foreign companies – including companies engaged in regulated industries such as banks, broker-dealers and investment advisors – in forming subsidiaries or representative offices in the United States. We also assist foreign companies engaging in financial transactions and acquisitions and offer counsel regarding commercial operations, as well as complex domestic and international tax planning and corporate securities counsel. Our mergers & acquisition experience includes representation of U.S. clients in making acquisitions that include foreign operations, as well as assisting foreign clients in the acquisition of U.S. companies.
At Greenspoon Marder, we assist clients with project finance. Our team represents project sponsors, lenders and investors in connection with the development, financing, construction and operation of domestic and international capital-intensive projects, including thermal energy generation facilities, oil refineries and other major infrastructure assets.
Our team has assisted clients in formation of off-shore entities, including insurers and banks. We have also assisted foreign clients in connection with commercial paper and medium-term note programs, euro dollar and foreign currency denominated loan facilities and securities offerings. In addition, we have advised foreign and U.S. clients regarding foreign currency swaps and other derivative transactions.
Additional experience includes negotiating and preparing international joint ventures, licensing, distributorship and franchise agreements for domestic and foreign businesses and governments. In addition, our attorneys are highly skilled in handling complex litigation involving multiple parties and claims, and whose representation includes both foreign clients in domestic litigation and domestic clients in cross-border disputes.
Our team also represents foreign and domestic businesses of all types, including high technology companies, universities and research institutes in protecting, licensing and transferring biomedical, pharmaceutical, chemical, mechanical and electrical technologies and other intellectual property throughout the world.
Areas of focus within our international law practice include:
- Advisory Services
- Banking, Insurance and Investment
- Country Funds and other Investment Funds
- Corporate Law and Securities
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Cross-Border Finance
- Debt Restructuring
- Foreign Enforcement of U.S. Judgments
- International and Domestic Tax Planning
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Maritime, Freight and Transportation Law
- Project Finance
- Technology Law and Licensing
- Trade, Customs and Tariffs
- Trade Finance
- Trademarks and Copyrights
The International Trade practice at Greenspoon Marder is built on our experience helping clients with their most challenging international business issues. Our attorneys have deep roots in politics, government and law, and bring a sophisticated understanding of Washington and major capitals policy making ecosystems. Our relationships with and knowledge of the key players at relevant government and international organizations allow our clients to act efficiently and decisively.
At Greenspoon Marder, our goal is to optimize our client’s ability to exchange goods and services and invest across borders, and we provide the regulatory and compliance advice necessary to execute international business in an efficient and cost-effective manner. We work with companies on:
- Cross border Supply chain and transactional support
- Trade agreements: NAFTA/USMCA; WTO; Brexit; US-China; ASEAN; APEC; US-Japan; US-Korea
- Digital trade
- Compliance strategies, policies, procedures and training
- Due diligence on international transactions
- Foreign investment/CFIUS
- Economic Sanctions/OFAC
- Customs law
- Export controls
- Intellectual property
We work closely with several U.S. Governmental Agencies, including:
- The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR)
- Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration (ITA); Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC)
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Mar 21, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Jessica Wasserman And The Liaison Group Principal And CEO Saphira Galoob Featured Speakers At California Cannabis Industry Association 4th Annual Policy Conference
- Mar 14, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Jessica Wasserman Featured Speaker For The Consumer Federation of America National Food Policy Conference
- Dec 7, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Supports IP Counsel Exchange
- Dec 6, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Supports 8th Annual New York Health Forum
- May 1, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Partner Anton Handal To Speak At IP Counsel Exchange
- Apr 25, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Supports The Jewish Federation Of Broward County