Adriana Sofia Miranda is a member of Greenspoon Marder’s International Law practice group. She represents and counsels companies and individuals on issues involving property contracts, business, employment, securities, international taxation and litigation.
Ms. Miranda has previously practiced with Greenspoon Marder’s Financial Services Litigation practice group, where she represented some of the nation’s largest lenders in the areas of distressed assets and lender litigation. She is also a qualified Arbitrator for the Florida Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Ms. Miranda practiced in Europe and South America, where she handled matters involving international commercial Law, international investments and customs law. Ms. Miranda worked with the Government of Cataluña and private companies on issues dealing with internationalization.
While in Barcelona, Spain, she worked for the BBCA Legal in the Department of Anglo-American Common Law, and collaborated with the Department of Maritime Law, and the Department of Civil Procedural Law. At BBCA, she was in charge of assisting the Director of the Department of Anglo-American Common Law, a role which included drafting lawsuits, contracts, and other legal writings, carrying out legal and business translations in English and Spanish, as well as conducting legal research, and offering support at firm events.
Ms. Miranda also served as a visiting professor at Pompeu Fabara University of International Commerce in Barcelona, Spain, teaching fundamental principles of international contracting and investment. Ms. Miranda was born in Medellin, Colombia.
- Barcelona Bar Association
- J.D., Internal Law, Nova Southeastern University, cum laude 2010
- Pro-Bono Honors, Deans List
- Vis Moot Court, Team Competed in Vienna
- Societies: Criminal Law Society, Business Law Society, and International Society
- Professor Research Assistant, Legal Writing and Constitutional Law
- Journal on International Citation and Writing “Green Book”
- Nova’s book award(s), 2010
- University of Barcelona School of Law, 2007-2011
- B.A., Virginia Wesleyan College, magna cum laude, 2006
- Alpha Phi Sigma Honors Society, Phi Theta Kappa
- ODK Honor Society, Departmental Honors Award
- Who’s Who Among American Students
- Qualified Arbitrator, Florida Supreme Court, 2012
- International Arbitration Certification, 2011
- U.S. News and World Report, “Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch,” Business Organizations (including LLC’s and Partnerships), 2023