World-Class IP Team With Superior Technical Skills
Greenspoon Marder’s IP Practice Group provides a full-service practice focused on helping clients protect, enforce and exploit their intellectual property rights. Our lawyers represent clients of all sizes: individual inventors; entrepreneurs; small and mid-size businesses; and large multinational corporations. We leverage our diverse backgrounds in business, science, technology and law with an in-depth understanding of intellectual property rights to help our clients succeed in today’s increasingly competitive global marketplace.
With decades of experience, we focus on the development, protection and exploitation of intellectual property. Our team has earned a reputation for aggressively litigating business-critical intellectual property assets and managing high-value intellectual property portfolios for our clients.
Greenspoon Marder’s attorneys, patent prosecutors and technical specialists have advanced scientific training and are admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). We have the technical expertise to understand the hard science behind our clients’ technical innovations. We also have an extensive network of foreign patent agents with whom we work on international patent matters. Our skilled professionals monitor and manage patent and trademark portfolios to efficiently maintain and enhance matters entrusted to us.
We have represented, among others, entities and individuals in the following industries: aerospace, insurance, timeshare, finance, apparel, real estate development and brokerage, software development, action sports, manufacturing, international mobile telecom, solar power, music publishing and entertainment, oil, rental car, and medical device. See our list of representative matters.
Our IP services include
- Management of IP Portfolios, including Patents, Trademarks, Domain Names and other IP assets
- Intellectual Property Litigation, including Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, Copyright and Domain Name Disputes
- IP Licensing, including licensing disputes
- Preparing and Prosecuting U.S. Patent Applications
- Preparing and Prosecuting U.S. Trademark Applications
- Post-Grant Patent Proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), including Inter Partes Reviews (IPRs), Covered Business Method (CBM) Reviews and Post-Grant Reviews (PGRs)
- Trademark Proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) Proceedings
- Trade Secret Counseling
- International Trade Commissions (ITC) Section 337 Investigations
- Rendering Validity and Non-Infringement Opinions as well as Auditing Intellectual Property Portfolios
- In-House Educational Training and Seminars on Intellectual Property Law and Related Matters
Greenspoon Marder LLP provides clients with key advice and understanding of the interplay among legal, scientific and medical issues in complex litigation. Our team has extensive experience addressing questions of disease causation and addiction in litigation, regulatory, and legislative proceedings, and in providing advice to clients confronting such matters.
Our attorneys work with our in-house Ph.D. scientists and with independent scientific and medical experts from around the world to enable our clients to develop strategies to address issues arising from the products they manufacture and sell. Our team has particular experience in analyzing issues of disease causation. Our approach includes an evaluation of information from such cutting-edge disciplines as molecular biology and genetic epidemiology, as well as more traditional scientific and medical fields.
Our attorneys have represented several of the world’s largest manufacturers of tobacco, alcoholic beverage, pharmaceutical, and industrial products, as well as computer manufacturers (in connection with repetitive-stress injury claims). Our experience also extends to the rapidly-growing area of food- and obesity-related claims. Our team has assisted clients with preparation for legislative and regulatory hearings throughout the U.S. and in Europe.
Our goal is to enable our clients to understand the complex interactions of scientific, medical, and legal issues so that they can anticipate problems before they arise, develop appropriate policies and positions, and, when necessary, litigate claims.
- Greenspoon Marder Cannabis Client Awarded $8,800,000 Final Judgment
- Greenspoon Marder Files Patent On Behalf of Wisconsin Student For Device That Could Help Save Lives During A School Shooting
- Greenspoon Marder Successfully Represents Client Before the Patent Trademark Appeal Board in Two Inter Partes Review Proceedings
- Greenspoon Marder Supports IP Counsel Exchange
- Greenspoon Marder Supports 8th Annual New York Health Forum
- Greenspoon Marder Partner Anton N. Handal Files Amicus Brief With The Supreme Court in Oil States Energy Services, LLC. V. Green Energy group LLC.
- Greenspoon Marder Partner Anton Handal To Speak At IP Counsel Exchange
- Greenspoon Marder Announces Expansion of Intellectual Property Practice in San Diego
- Greenspoon Marder Announces Further Expansion with Addition of Intellectual Property Practice, Opening of Office in Nashville
- Trademark Protection in China
- How to Protect Your Registered Trademark
- Can Blockchain Technology Protect Your IP Assets?
- USPTO Releases Revised Guidance for Patent Subject Matter Eligibility
- 3D Printing and IP Protection
- Do “Old Barbee” Alcoholic Beverages Really “Dilute” Barbie?
- Trademark Licenses in Bankruptcy Cases
- USPTO Harmonizes Claim Construction Standard with the Federal Courts for Inter Partes Review Proceedings
- Trademark Trolling
- Ugg! Generic or Not?
- Patent Lawsuit Fee Awards: How Much Is Enough to Be “Exceptional”?
- Is Kim Kardashian Feeling The “Vibes”?
- Coca-Cola or Dr Pepper?
- Attempting To Patent Cannabis-Related Inventions May Be Challenging
- Using Trade Secret Protection To Shield Your Marijuana-Related Intellectual Property
- Graffiti and Street Artists Sue for Copyright Infringement
- Parodies Can Be Protected from Intellectual Property Claims
- Another Trademark Battle Over Color
- Update: No Infringement in Allstate v. Kia Case
- Update: PayPal and Pandora Settle
- A Trademark Fight Over Nearly Identical Names: Is There Confusion?
Intellectual Property Blog Feb 20, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ Read More
Intellectual Property Blog Jan 25, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ Read More
Intellectual Property Blog Jan 22, 2019 San Diego, CA Read More
Cannabis Jan 11, 2019 Nashville, TN Read More
Intellectual Property Blog Nov 26, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ Read More