Trade Secret Litigation
Protection against theft and infringement.
Protecting your company’s trade secrets is crucial to ensuring that your business plans, customer lists, pricing, processes, codes, designs and other proprietary information do not fall into the hands of any of your competitors. When a trade secret is stolen or revealed by a former employee, your business can suffer significant damage, both financially, and in terms of your market share.
At Greenspoon Marder, we offer extensive advice on a very wide range of issues relating to the protection of your company’s trade secrets, including:
- Pre-employment contracts: Maintaining the competitive edge of your business by creating legally binding agreements that prevent employees from sharing sensitive information they learn on the job. We will advise you regarding the enforceability of your contracts with employees, independent contractors, partners, manufacturers, and all other involved parties.
- End trade secret infringement: Discovering that someone has stolen or shared your company’s confidential information can be frustrating. Fortunately, you have legal recourse not only to stop the other party’s use of your information, but also to seek damages for losses you may have incurred. Our attorneys will discuss all of your options with you, including how to stop the use of your proprietary information in the quickest and most cost-effective manner. We also will offer advice regarding your options to pursue compensation in order to make your business whole once again.
- Litigation defense: If your business has been accused of utilizing misappropriated information, it is important to address the issue swiftly and forcefully. Our attorneys also offer aggressive defense against trade secret litigation in an effort to help your business avoid an adverse judgment.
- Inventorying key information: Understanding which information is key to your business can be extremely difficult. Our attorneys offer advice on information that should be dearly protected, and the steps necessary to do so.
Contact a skilled IP lawyer with your trade secret concerns.
Protecting your private information from competitors is vital to the success of your business; our attorneys will offer the advice you need to understand your options for securing all of your trade secrets.
Contact us to schedule an appointment to discuss your specific trade secret concerns with one of our attorneys.
- Aug 25, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Traveling with Marijuana
- Aug 8, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Accounting in the Cannabis Space
- Jul 27, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Psilocybin’s with Dr. Dave
- Jul 11, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits – Security in the Cannabis Space
- Jun 30, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits – Banking in the Cannabis Industry
- May 16, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: How to Increase Access to Medical and Legal Marijuana
- May 13, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Social Equity in the Cannabis Space
- Apr 7, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Legislative Updates
- Mar 29, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Labor & Employment
- Mar 2, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Litigation in the Cannabis Space
- Oct 11, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Considerations for Cannabis Businesses for a Well-Positioned Eventual Exit
- Oct 5, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Intellectual Property in the Cannabis Industry
- Oct 4, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Determining a Long Term Plan for your Cannabis Business
- Sep 27, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Considerations When Entering or Investing in the Cannabis Industry
- Sep 22, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Employment Laws in the Cannabis Industry