Trademark Law and Registration
There are many different ways in which a business can create branding. By using a trademark, you can build brand recognition and protect your business’s identity. At Greenspoon Marder, we provide clients with tailored intellectual property services, including the handling of all trademark issues. We explain the differences between a registered trademark (®) and an unregistered trademark (™), and help you decide upon the best possible strategy to protect your brand.
What Is a Trademark?
A trademark is the hallmark that a company uses to identify itself or the goods and services that it provides. It can be a slogan, word, phrase, symbol, logo, image, or any combination of these elements. Though trademark registration is not required, it may be beneficial to protect your rights and to ensure that your business is the one being identified by the trademark.
Trademark Creation and Licensing
Our law firm’s trademark practice includes counseling clients on choosing an identity that is strong, unique and protected by law. We have extensive experience dealing with the creation of trademarks and filing of applications in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and abroad. We can help you understand how a trademark will represent your business in the public’s eye. We also prepare license agreements in order for other individuals and businesses to compensate you for the legal use of your trademark.
When a trademark is used unlawfully, it is possible to get damages from and even stop the individual or entity who is infringing the trademark. You may be entitled to monetary compensation if the trademark usage benefitted the persons using it without your permission. Learn more about our trademark litigation practice.
Contact an experienced trademark attorney at Greenspoon Marder.
Contact Greenspoon Marder to schedule a consultation with an experienced trademark attorney.
- Apr 6, 2023 Cannabis Quick Hits: Normalizing Payments in the Cannabis Industry
- Mar 27, 2023 Cannabis Quick Hits: The Cannabis Industry’s Eligibility for the Employee Retention Credit (ERC)
- Mar 1, 2023 Cannabis Quick Hits: 471(c) Update
- Aug 25, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Traveling with Marijuana
- Aug 8, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Accounting in the Cannabis Space
- Jul 27, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Psilocybin’s with Dr. Dave
- Jul 11, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits – Security in the Cannabis Space
- Jun 30, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits – Banking in the Cannabis Industry
- May 16, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: How to Increase Access to Medical and Legal Marijuana
- May 13, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Social Equity in the Cannabis Space
- Apr 7, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Legislative Updates
- Mar 29, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Labor & Employment
- Mar 2, 2022 Cannabis Quick Hits: Litigation in the Cannabis Space
- Oct 11, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Considerations for Cannabis Businesses for a Well-Positioned Eventual Exit
- Oct 5, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Intellectual Property in the Cannabis Industry
- Oct 4, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Determining a Long Term Plan for your Cannabis Business
- Sep 27, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Considerations When Entering or Investing in the Cannabis Industry
- Sep 22, 2021 Cannabis Quick Hits: Employment Laws in the Cannabis Industry