Licensing of Intellectual Property Rights
Whether you are the IP owner or the licensee, both parties have rights and obligations as stated in their license agreement. Before a dispute even arises, you will need a lawyer who understands IP licensing issues to avoid any hidden traps or loopholes and strategically capitalize on the transaction. Should a dispute develop, delaying action may result in increased damages. Discuss your situation with an experienced attorney.
Greenspoon Marder’s IP Practice Group has substantial experience negotiating, drafting and litigating licensing agreements. Every case we handle receives our personal attention from start to finish.
Our law firm handles licensing disputes throughout the United States involving:
- Use of a trademark without meeting the quality and auditing requirements of the original licensing agreement.
- Failure to keep accurate accountings and/or to pay royalties.
- Misuse of the trademarks or other IP interests.
- Failure to abide by confidentiality obligations.
- Other breaches of licensing agreements.
Make sure the requirements of the license agreement are met.
When one party fails to meet its obligations under a license agreement, an experienced attorney will be able to sort through the facts and determine the appropriate action to take in order to protect the business. Contact Greenspoon Marder today to discuss how we may fulfill your Intellectual Property needs.