Greenspoon Marder is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate our employees’ diverse life experiences, backgrounds, beliefs, self-expression, and unique talents. We believe that by promoting diversity, we encourage the continued growth of our firm, we uplift our employees, and enhance our ability to serve our clients and our communities. The many backgrounds and perspectives of our clients and talent are what make us strong, successful, and innovative.
Behind the Scenes
Greenspoon Marder has a robust policy of Equal Employment Opportunity, including initiatives for diversity enhancement and aggressive anti-harassment policies. The firm’s flexible working environment aims to facilitate positive work/life balance, and we often partner with likeminded clients, community, and business organizations.
- Mansfield Rule Certification. Greenspoon Marder achieved Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification status in July 2022 and is currently participating in the 6.0 Certification process in a dedicated effort to expand the firm’s long-standing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and talent retention. Mansfield Rule provides an additional level of accountability as the firm strives to have diverse candidates represent at least 30 percent of the candidate pool for various leadership roles, partner promotions, partner lateral hiring, entry-level attorney lateral hiring, and client pitches.
- Supporting Individuals with Disabilities. The firm is certified as a Florida Unique Abilities Partner by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. The certification recognizes businesses and organizations that are committed to hiring and supporting causes that benefit individuals with disabilities. For over 10 years, Greenspoon Marder has worked with the Dan Marino Foundation to offer internships and employment to Marino Campus Students living with autism and differing abilities.
- Inclusive Benefits. We offer our employees and their eligible family members a comprehensive and valuable benefits program. We established years ago that benefits would also extend to LGBTQIA+ partners so that all of our employees can access equal benefits.
- Professional Development. We offer an innovative, forward-thinking attorney development program to promote the professional growth and success of our attorneys. The program focuses on initiatives related to the recruitment, development, advancement, and mentorship of professionals at all levels.
- Diversity Meets. This series of networking events features panels of members of the judiciary who identify as a minority (female, Hispanic, Black, LGBTQIA+, etc.) Our attorneys appreciate the opportunity to interact with local judges, and attendees find interest and meaning in their stories.
- Diversity Speaks. This initiative comprises educational webinars that provide information on relevant and timely social equity topics, as well as historical social justice topics.
- In My Shoes. This podcast highlights our employees’ diverse identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Sharing our unique perspectives and experiences helps us to understand what it’s like to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes.
- Financial Inclusion and Education. This new series exclusively focuses on financial inclusion and information. Our attorneys offer insight on topics such as financial planning, investments, estate planning, and more so that our employees – especially those who have been disproportionately affected by the generational wealth gap – can have access to this valuable knowledge.
- Minority-Owned Vendor Program. Greenspoon Marder actively pursues and supports minority-owned and operated businesses, and intentionally hires minority-owned restaurants and catering businesses for our events throughout the year.
- Project New Leaf. Project New Leaf is a call-to-action and mobilization of our talented attorneys across the U.S. to provide pro bono expungement and record-sealing services, in addition to other much needed community services. This program is vital in our work to advance the fight for equity through restorative justice and community empowerment.
- The Score. This initiative spotlights the small businesses owned by members of our #GMFamily and their close contacts, as well as local minority-owned businesses.