Greenspoon Marder is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate our employees’ diverse life experiences, backgrounds, beliefs, self-expression, and unique talents. We believe that by promoting diversity, we cement the continued growth of our firm, we uplift our employees, and enhance our ability to serve our clients and our communities. The many backgrounds and perspectives of our clients and talent is what makes us strong, successful, and innovative.
Behind the Scenes
Our firm has a robust policy of Equal Employment Opportunity, including initiatives for diversity enhancement and aggressive anti-harassment policies. Greenspoon Marder sustains a family-focused and interconnected working environment that aims to facilitate positive work/life balance. Our firm also promotes diversity through partnerships with clients and other community and business organizations.
- Mansfield Rule Certification. Greenspoon Marder achieved Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification status in July 2022 and is currently participating in the 6.0 Certification process in a dedicated effort to expand the firm’s long-standing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and talent retention. Mansfield Rule provides an additional level of accountability as the firm strives to have diverse candidates represent at least 30% of the candidate pool for various leadership roles, partner promotions, partner lateral hiring, entry-level attorney lateral hiring, and client pitches.
- Supporting Individuals with Disabilities. The firm is certified as a Florida Unique Abilities Partner by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. The certification recognizes businesses and organizations that are committed to hiring and supporting causes that benefit individuals with disabilities. For over ten years, Greenspoon Marder has worked with the Dan Marino Foundation to offer internships and employment to Marino Campus Students living with autism and differing abilities.
- Inclusive Benefits. We offer our employees and their eligible family members a comprehensive and valuable benefits program. As a family-based company, we established years ago that benefits would also extend to LGBTQIA+ partners so that all of our #GMFamily can choose the best coverage for themselves and their families.
- Professional Development. We offer an innovative, forward-thinking attorney development program to promote the professional growth and success of our attorneys. The program focuses on initiatives related to the recruitment, development, advancement, and mentorship of professionals at all levels.
- Diversity Meets. This initiative is a series of networking events featuring panels of members of the judiciary who identify as a minority (female, Hispanic, Black, LGBTQIA+, etc.) Our attorneys appreciate the opportunity to interact with local judges and all of our attendees are touched by their stories.
- Diversity Speaks. This initiative is a series of educational webinars that provide information on relevant and timely social equity topics, as well as historical social justice topics.
- In My Shoes. This initiative is a podcast series which highlights our employees’ diverse identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Sharing our unique perspectives and experiences, helps us to understand what it’s like to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes.
- Financial Inclusion and Education. We are pleased to have launched a new series exclusively focusing on financial inclusion and knowledge. Our attorneys offer their insight on topics such as financial planning, investments, estate planning, and more so that our employees, especially those who have been disproportionately affected by the generational wealth gap, can have free access to this expertise.
- Minority-Owned Vendor Program. Greenspoon Marder actively pursues and supports minority-owned and operated businesses. Furthermore, we actively pursue hiring minority-owned restaurants and catering businesses for our events throughout the year.
- Project New Leaf. Project New Leaf is a call-to-action and mobilization of our talented attorneys across the U.S. to provide pro bono expungement and record sealing services, in addition to other much needed community services.
- The Score. This initiative spotlights the small businesses owned by members of our #GMFamily and their close contacts, as well as local minority-owned businesses.