Josh Goldberg is an associate in the Franchise Law practice group, as well as the Innovation & Technology and Entertainment & Sports practice groups at Greenspoon Marder. Mr. Goldberg concentrates his practice on representing franchisors, franchisees, professional athletes, creators, brands, and startups in the media and technology fields in all aspects of commercial transactions.
Mr. Goldberg served as the President of the Sports, Entertainment, Fashion and Art Law society at Florida International University’s College of Law. Mr. Goldberg established FIU Law’s first-ever sports and entertainment law symposium in 2021. In 2022, Mr. Goldberg hosted the second annual symposium titled: The Metaverse and the Law. The Sports Lawyers Association awarded Mr. Goldberg third place nationally in its 2020 student writing competition for his paper titled: The Rooney Rule and the Lack of Minority Coaches in the NFL.
In 2020, Mr. Goldberg helped create the Florida Bar’s EASL Student Council. From 2021-2022, Mr. Goldberg served as the student liaison between the Florida Bar’s EASL section and all Florida law schools.
In addition, he pursued an intellectual property certificate through FIU Law’s Certificate Program. Prior to law school, Josh graduated from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business where he majored in marketing and international business.
Mr. Goldberg is an active member of The Sports Lawyers Association and the Florida Bar’s Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section.
- J.D., Florida International University, College of Law, 2022
- FIU Law’s Intellectual Property Certificate Program
- B.A., Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, 2019
- Sports Lawyers Assocation, NextGen Committee, 2022
- Mar 28, 2023 NIL Taking Center Stage in March Madness
- Mar 20, 2023 Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Its Impact on the Sports Industry
- Feb 27, 2023 Navigating Name, Image, and Likeness as a Student-Athlete