Christopher P. Meier is of counsel with Greenspoon Marder LLP’s Regulatory Compliance & Defense and Class Action Defense practice groups. Mr. Meier has over 12 years of experience representing business clients that operate in regulated industries including businesses that provide extended warranty services, health care services, debt settlement services, credit repair services, telemarketing services and various other regulated services.
Mr. Meier’s primary practice involves assisting his clients navigate complex governmental state and federal consumer protection oriented investigations. His practice also involves advising clients on various compliance oriented regulations, and he often represents clients in the defense of consumer class action lawsuits based on alleged violations of various telemarketing regulations. Mr. Meier also regularly represents clients on a pro-bono basis who need to be appointed guardian advocates of their disabled children who have reached adulthood.
Mr. Meier is from Western New York. While earning his undergraduate degree Bachelor of Science degree from Kennesaw State University in Atlanta, Georgia Mr. Meier worked in the finance industry with a local Atlanta full service bank. Mr. Meier then went on to earn his law degree from Nova Southeastern University’s School of Law in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- State of Florida Courts
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- J.D. Nova Southeastern University, School of Law
- B.S., Kennesaw State University
Professional and Community Involvement
- United Way of Broward County Young Leaders Society, Volunteer Committee Chair, 2010-2011
- Achievement & Rehabilitation Centers, Inc. (ARC Broward), ARC Angels Trustee, 2011
- United Way of Broward County, Envision Member, 2015-2016
- Presenter, “Why Your Company’s BBB Rating Matters and Techniques to Improve it,” April 15, 2021
- Presenter, “Marketing Via Outbound Calls Or Texts Can Be Effective, But Make Sure Your Company Or Its Marketing Agents Are Doing It Correctly,” October 22, 2020
- Speaker, “Why the BBB Matters When it Comes to Regulatory Concerns and What Your Company May be Able to Do to Improve its BBB Rating,” National Collections and Operational Risk Conference Spring Conference, March 2014
- Speaker, “How to Make Your Business Compliant and What to Expect During a CFPB Investigation or Inquiry,” Financial Services Collections and Operational Risk Conference Fall Conference, October 2013
- Speaker, “How to Best Structure Your Affiliate Relationships,” Association of Credit Counseling Professionals (ACCPros) Spring Conference, May 2012
- Speaker, “How to Avoid Engaging in Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices,” National Association of Tax Resolution Companies (NATRC) Spring Conference, May 2012
- Speaker, National Collections & Credit Risk Conference, March 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV Preeminent®
- Aug 11, 2020 Greenspoon Marder Client Alert: Gaining Perspective From New York’s First Cybersecurity Enforcement Action