Kristin Stankiewicz is an attorney in the Cannabis Law practice of Greenspoon Marder’s Oregon office. She focuses on regulatory and compliance issues for cannabis and hemp businesses, including land use, real estate, and state and local licensing. Ms. Stankiewicz has a broad legal background in environmental law, criminal defense, general municipal law, real estate law, and land use law, all of which have given her a strong foundation from which to provide excellent representation to her cannabis clients. Ms. Stankiewicz has represented cannabis clients since 2009, including medical marijuana patients, medical marijuana dispensaries, hemp businesses and recreational marijuana licensees of all license types.
Ms. Stankiewicz has an agile understanding of the ever-evolving, local and state regulatory frameworks in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest that cannabis businesses must navigate in order to site, develop, license, and maintain compliant cannabis facilities. She works closely with local jurisdictions and state licensing agencies to advocate for sensible regulations so that the cannabis industry has room to flourish. Ms. Stankiewicz speaks on a variety of legal topics relevant to the cannabis industry, including regulatory issues for cannabis and hemp, land use, and banking.
Ms. Stankiewicz has two small children who keep her busy and endlessly entertained. She enjoys hiking, skiing, gardening, dancing, yoga, and adventuring on motorcycles.
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., English Literature, University of California, 2001
Professional and Community Involvement
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWL), Member, 2018
- Speaker, “Do’s & Dont’s,” Cannabis Collaborative Conference, January 23, 2019
- Speaker, “Marijuana Money – What are the Compliance Issues?,” Washington Indian Gaming Association’s Northwest Indian Gaming Conference, July 3, 2018
- Speaker, “Recreational Marijuana Business Law In Oregon,” National Business Institute’s (NBI) Live Seminar, December 8, 2017
- Mar 1, 2022 Greenspoon Marder Senior Counsel Kristin Stankiewicz Elected to the Executive Committee of the Cannabis and Psychedelics Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Jul 22, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Supports The NCIA Cannabis Business Summit & Expo
- Jul 3, 2018 Greenspoon Marder Attorney Kristin Stankiewicz Featured Speaker at Washington Indian Gaming Association’s Northwest Indian Gaming Conference
- Dec 8, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Attorney Kristin Stankiewicz Featured Speaker At NBI Seminar
- Jan 9, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Announces Further Expansion with Opening of Portland Office