Carolyn Austin is a partner in the Real Estate practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Ms. Austin focuses her practice on matters including the representation of institutional, fund and private capital sources in the origination, purchase, disposition, and restructuring of senior and mezzanine real estate and corporate loans, loan participation interests, and preferred equity investments with respect to every major asset type, including multifamily, retail, industrial, office, hotel, mixed use, rental and re-sale condominium and student housing properties.
Ms. Austin has also participated in numerous workouts and analyses of complex pooling and servicing and participating agreements. She regularly handles matters ranging from complex financing transactions representing both lenders and borrowers involving all asset classes and types, to the negotiation of partnership, joint venture, and limited liability company operating agreements, to the drafting and negotiation of leases from both the landlord and tenant perspectives to commercial and residential acquisitions and sales.
- New York
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1994
- B.A., Fairfield University, cum laude, 1990
- Speaker, “Committee to Advance the Status of Women in the Profession,” New York Women’s Bar Association, January 30, 2019
In the News
- Mentioned, “Who’s New,” Real Estate Weekly, July 26, 2018
- Featured, “3 Attorneys Jump to Greenspoon Marder’s Real Estate Practice,” Daily Business Review, July 10, 2018
- Mentioned, “Wake Up Call,” Bloomberg Law, July 10, 2018
- Co-Author, “Intercreditor Agreements 2.0: Lessons Learned in the ‘Tranches’,” New York Law Journal, November 2011
- Co-Author, “Borrower’s Guide to Navigating Loan Workouts: Who Decides What?,” New York Law Journal, May 2010