Eric Simonson is a partner in the Corporate & Business practice group at Greenspoon Marder. Mr. Simonson provides advice and counsel to companies, both privately held and publically traded, in a range of matters – mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, technology transactions, corporate governance, securities, capital raises (including venture capital), internal investigations, and day-to-day business operations, among them.
A seasoned pro both in and out of the boardroom, Mr. Simonson is particularly adept at handling leveraged buyouts, the acquisition of distressed assets, corporate restructurings and partnership transactions. Likewise, he is often called upon to represent his clients’ interests in friendly and hostile takeovers, proxy contests, tender offers, mixed consideration mergers and the acquisition of closely held companies. Mr. Simonson acts on behalf of issuers and underwriters on public offerings of debt and equity securities, 144A placements and offshore offerings that are in compliance with Regulation S.
Mr. Simonson has been recognized by Chambers USA as a leading corporate/commercial attorney, one who is “well thought of for his knowledge of public and private securities, capital markets, complex international acquisitions and LBOs.” Likewise, Mr. Simonson was included in the 2020 Best Lawyers in America USA Guide (Corporate Law), and named a New York Metro Super Lawyer, most recently in 2020.
With clients that span an array of industries – biotechnology, consumer products, healthcare, luxury goods and services, media, software, technology and telecommunications, to name a few – Eric’s guidance is highly sought-after. So is his general insight. Mr. Simonson is a frequent lecturer on corporate topics, and regularly writes on the subjects of M&A’s, joint ventures, distressed investing, private equity, technology and corporate governance.
Eric Simonson earned a J.D., cum laude, from the University of Chicago Law School, where he was a member of the Law Review. Following graduation, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Frank H. Easterbrook, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. As an undergraduate, Mr. Simonson attended Colgate University and graduated with an A.B., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, with departmental honors in History and Economics.
- New York
- J.D., cum laude, University of Chicago, 1985
- A.B., magna cum laude, Colgate University, 1982
- Speaker, “Facing Challenges and Seizing Opportunities in the Post-Pandemic Recovery For Investors and Entrepreneurs” GM Webinar, June 2, 2021
- U.S. News & World Report, “Best Lawyers in America,” Corporate Law, 2013 – 2020, 2023
- Super Lawyers magazine, New York Metro “Super Lawyers,” Corporate Law, 2009 – 2011, 2018 – 2020
- Chambers & Partners USA, Washington Corporate/Commercial, 2009-2012
- Dec 1, 2022 Greenspoon Marder Represents Client AppHub as Lead Counsel in Acquisition of REVIEWS.io
- Aug 18, 2022 48 Attorneys At Greenspoon Marder Listed In The Best Lawyers In America© 2023
- Aug 19, 2021 37 Attorneys At Greenspoon Marder Listed In The Best Lawyers In America© 2022
- Mar 10, 2021 Greenspoon Marder Welcomes Five New Partners In New York Including New Managing Partner