Ronald A. Charlot-Aviles is senior counsel in the Litigation practice group at Greenspoon Marder. Mr. Charlot-Aviles practices complex commercial litigation with extensive experience in class actions, consumer litigation, and government investigations and enforcement. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of business disputes from inception through trial, and regularly appears in state and federal court, as well as in arbitrations and administrative hearings. For example, Mr. Charlot-Aviles is actively involved in timeshare litigation for developers and homeowners associations, has defended asbestos-related claims for a major manufacturer of industrial products, represented the second largest salty snack maker in a class action premised on alleged claims of false labeling, and assisted numerous financial services clients with internal and government-related investigations.
Mr. Charlot-Aviles works with clients across various industries including hospitality, financial services, technology, real estate, and industrial manufacturing.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Charlot-Aviles practiced at international law firms in New York City and Charlotte, North Carolina, and founded and operated a law firm specializing in business litigation.
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
- New York
- North Carolina
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, High Honors, 2009
- North Carolina Law Review
- Broun National Trial Team
- M.A., Fordham University, 2006
- B.A., Columbia University, 2002
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Member
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Humane Society, Member
- U.S. News and World Report, “Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022