Roy Taub is a member of Greenspoon Marder’s Litigation practice group. Mr. Taub practices commercial litigation, with experience in antitrust, real estate, sports and entertainment law, and intellectual property litigation. He has represented a diverse mix of clients in all stages of litigation, beginning with motion practice, and through discovery, trial, and appeal, in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings.
Mr. Taub represented a leading international waste management company in an antitrust class action alleging attempted monopolization of the Long Island commercial waste hauling market, and represented the National Football League (NFL) Players Association and NFL Players Inc., in a class action over the commercial licensing of retired professional football players’ intellectual property. Additionally, he has represented one of the world’s leading producers of titanium chemicals, a leading issuer of student loan-backed notes, a foreign state in a lawsuit over an unconsummated real estate transaction, a number of real estate developers and investment firms, life sciences companies, and one of the country’s largest supermarket chains.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Taub practiced in New York with two international law firms.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- New York
- J.D., Columbia Law School, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2004
- Harlan Fiske Stone Moot Court Competition, Director
- B. A., University of Miami, summa cum laude, 2001
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Member
- Super Lawyers magazine, New York Metro Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars,” 2014-2015
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida “Rising Star,” General Litigation, 2017-2019
In the News
- Mentioned, “Country Club Seeks Sanctions In Residents’ ‘Frivolous’ Suit,” Law360, July 14, 2017
- Dec 8, 2020 Northern District of Texas Denies Class Certification in TCPA “Do-Not-Call” Case for Numerous Shortcomings Based on Greenspoon Marder’s Arguments
- Apr 28, 2020 Greenspoon Marder Secures Reversal Of Summary Judgment On Claims For Deceptive Business Practices Against Timeshare Exit Company
- Jun 18, 2018 Super Lawyers Recognizes 15 Attorneys At Greenspoon Marder As “2018 Rising Stars” In Florida
- Aug 10, 2015 Greenspoon Marder Law’s Downtown Fort Lauderdale Office Welcomes Roy Taub