Alan Somerstein is a partner with Greenspoon Marder’s Real Estate and Banking practice groups. His real estate practice includes commercial and residential real estate transactional matters, including acquisition, finance, leasing and development. He has handled a wide variety of complex transactions representing individuals, developers and business owners.
Mr. Somerstein’ s practice also focuses on representing national, regional, and community financial institutions as well as private lenders in all aspects of business and real estate financing including real estate acquisition and construction lending as well as asset based lending. Mr. Somerstein also has experience handling financing transactions involving the US Small Business Administration 7(a) and 504 loan programs.
Mr. Somerstein is a member of Leadership Broward. He is a member of the “Founding Forty.” He is also on the professional development committee for the Envision section of the United Way of Broward County. He is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers. He has recently been recognized by the South Florida Business and Wealth magazine as a “Rising Star” nominee for its 2015 Leaders in Law Award as well as a member of its Young Entrepreneur Council.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2011
- Florida State Business Review, Managing Editor
- Real Estate Law Society, President
- The Florida Bar, Law Student Division, Governor
- B.A., Business Administration, University of Florida, 2008
- Phi Delta Phi
- Zeta Beta Tau
Professional and Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division, Member
- United Way of Broward County
- Leadership Broward Class XXXVI
- South Florida Business & Wealth magazine, Young Entrepreneur Council
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Panelist, “Understanding the Paycheck Protection Program Under the CARES ACT,” Dade County Medical Association, April 16, 2020
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Up & Comer Lawyer Under 40,” 2020
- South Florida Business & Wealth magazine, “Up & Comer,” 2019
- IFLR1000, “Leading Lawyer: Rising Star – State,” 2019
- Attorney at Law Magazine, “South Florida Rising Stars,” 2018
- South Florida Business & Wealth magazine, Finalist, “Rising Stars,” Leaders in Law, 2015
In the News
- Featured, “Senior-Level Hires and Promotions,” Miami Herald, January 22, 2017
- Apr 27, 2020 Greenspoon Marder Partner Alan Somerstein Panelist For The “Understanding The Paycheck Protection Program Under The CARES ACT” Webinar
- Mar 30, 2020 Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act Includes Two Small Business Loan Programs: Which to Choose?
- Jun 12, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partners Mark Somerstein, Barry Somerstein, And Alan Somerstein Recognized By IFLR1000
- May 6, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Alan Somerstein Selected As A 2019 “Up & Comer” By South Florida Business & Wealth
- Nov 13, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Supports Florida Association Of Government Guaranteed Lenders 2017 Conference
- Jan 12, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Promotes Eight Attorneys to Shareholder in 2017
- Jun 15, 2016 Greenspoon Marder Attorney Alan Somerstein Initiated into Leadership Broward Foundation’s Class XXXIV Community Project Program
- Feb 25, 2015 Greenspoon Marder Law and Eight of its Attorneys Selected as Finalists for South Florida Business & Wealth’s 2015 Leaders in Law