Alan Somerstein is a partner with Greenspoon Marder’s Real Estate and Banking practice groups. His real estate practice includes commercial and residential real estate transactional matters, including acquisition, finance, leasing and development. He has handled a wide variety of complex transactions representing individuals, developers and business owners.
Mr. Somerstein’ s practice also focuses on representing national, regional, and community financial institutions as well as private lenders in all aspects of business and real estate financing including real estate acquisition and construction lending as well as asset based lending. Mr. Somerstein also has experience handling financing transactions involving the US Small Business Administration 7(a) and 504 loan programs.
Mr. Somerstein is a member of Leadership Broward. He is a member of the “Founding Forty.” He is also on the professional development committee for the Envision section of the United Way of Broward County. He is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers. He has recently been recognized by the South Florida Business and Wealth magazine as a “Rising Star” nominee for its 2015 Leaders in Law Award as well as a member of its Young Entrepreneur Council.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2011
- Florida State Business Review, Managing Editor
- Real Estate Law Society, President
- The Florida Bar, Law Student Division, Governor
- B.A., Business Administration, University of Florida, 2008
- Phi Delta Phi
- Zeta Beta Tau
Professional and Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division, Member
- United Way of Broward County
- Leadership Broward Class XXXVI
- South Florida Business & Wealth magazine, Young Entrepreneur Council
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Attorney at Law Magazine, “South Florida Rising Stars,” 2018
- South Florida Business & Wealth magazine, Finalist, “Rising Stars,” Leaders in Law, 2015
In the News
- Featured, “Senior-Level Hires and Promotions,” Miami Herald, January 22, 2017
- Greenspoon Marder Supports Florida Association Of Government Guaranteed Lenders 2017 Conference
- Greenspoon Marder Promotes Eight Attorneys to Shareholder in 2017
- Greenspoon Marder Attorney Alan Somerstein Initiated into Leadership Broward Foundation’s Class XXXIV Community Project Program
- Greenspoon Marder Law and Eight of its Attorneys Selected as Finalists for South Florida Business & Wealth’s 2015 Leaders in Law