For more than 38 years, Greenspoon Marder LLP’s Land Use & Zoning Practice Group has represented real estate developers, property and land owners, lenders, national corporations, insurance companies and pension funds in all aspects of the regulatory process. Our team routinely represent clients before state and federal agencies, including the Florida Land and Water Adjudicatory Commission, Florida Regional Planning Council, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and more. Our attorneys – several of whom are either veterans of the Florida legislature or general counsel for regional and state regulatory agencies – have helped shape the industry by working alongside government officials and assisting in the drafting of legislation and ordinances.
Our attorneys were actively involved in the adoption of both of Broward County’s Comprehensive Land Use Plans, Miami-Dade County’s Comprehensive Land Use Plan and the land use plans of many of the cities in the South Florida area. We have also successfully processed many amendments to these land use plans concurrently, with other approvals required for development, such as DRI development orders, zoning changes, platting, site planning and environmental permits.
Greenspoon Marder’s Land Use & Zoning attorneys have experience in green building and LEED certification and can assist clients with sustainable building needs, such as the negotiation of government incentives.
Greenspoon Marder’s Land Use & Zoning Law Practice Group handles a wide range of matters at the local, state and federal levels, including but not limited to:
- Agricultural Classifications/Exemptions
- Building Code Compliance Issues
- Code Enforcement
- Community Redevelopment Agencies (CRAs)
- Comprehensive and Master Plan Amendments
- Concurrency Requirements
- Developments of Regional Impacts (DRIs)
- Due Diligence Reviews
- Environmental Issues
- Growth Management
- Historic Preservation Requirements
- Land Use Litigation
- Land Use Planning
- Planned Unit Development (PUD)
- Procurement Documents
- Site Plan Applications
- Tax Incentive Programs
- Vested Rights Issues
- Zoning Approvals & Permits
- Zoning & Land Use Changes
Greenspoon Marder LLP has witnessed an ever-increasing emphasis on environmental concerns paralleling Florida’s rapid population growth and the emergence of new laws and regulations across the United States. As highly experienced practitioners in this specialized area of law, our attorneys have participated in the development of state and local environmental legislation, ordinances and regulations.
The experience of Greenspoon Marder’s land use attorneys, combined with the capabilities of attorneys throughout the firm’s broad range of practice areas, enables us to offer our clients comprehensive legal representation. Among the clients we serve are real estate owners, buyers and sellers, real estate developers, syndicators, financial institutions, corporations, insurance companies, governmental agencies and other entities.
Our experience includes counseling, permitting and compliance, regulatory representation and litigation, and encompasses:
- Agricultural Lands
- Air and Water Pollution
- Brownfields, CECLA (Superfund) and Community Right-to-Know
- Coastal Construction
- Environmental Assessments and Audits
- Environmentally Sensitive Lands and Land Acquisition
- Green Building and LEED Certification
- Hazardous and Solid Waste Materials Permitting and Enforcement Regulation
- Permitting, Compliance and Enforcement Defense
- Underground Storage Tanks and Petroleum Contamination and Reimbursement
- Water Use and Management
- Wetlands Jurisdiction Protection and Mitigation
Greenspoon Marder’s attorneys counsel clients on potential environmental liability arising from ownership or transfer of contaminated real property, and we represent clients in complex environmental litigation matters. We also provide counsel on rulemaking proceedings before the legislature on environmental legislation.
Our attorneys represent before federal, state and local government and agencies. Industry experience is what sets Greenspoon Marder apart, when representing clients before the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the five water management districts, and local government environmental agencies. We also represent clients before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and other environmental agencies.
- Oct 5, 2020 Greenspoon Marder Innovation Summit Webinar Recordings
- Sep 29, 2020 Day One Recap: Greenspoon Marder Innovation Summit
- Jul 16, 2020 Florida Building and Development Permit Extensions in Response to COVID-19
- Aug 16, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Dennis Mele Selected As A “Lawyer of the Year” By Best Lawyers® For 2020
- Jun 24, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Joseph Geller Panelist At The Greater Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce’s 2019 Legislative Update Luncheon
- Apr 25, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Ranked By Chambers and Partners USA In Florida: Real Estate For 2019
- Mar 14, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Associate Alicia Lewis To Be Honored at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Fort Lauderdale’s Finest Gala
- May 4, 2018 Greenspoon Marder Recognized by Chambers and Partners USA 2018
- Feb 12, 2018 Greenspoon Marder Expands Land Use & Zoning Practice Group With the Addition of Attorneys in Miami
- Oct 6, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Shareholder Dennis D. Mele Wins City Commission Approval For Hoyer Homes
- Sep 9, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Supports the American Planning Association’s Florida Conference
- Aug 9, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Obtains Unanimous Approval For the Development of FATcity in Fort Lauderdale
- Aug 2, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Hosts the American Planning Association’s (APA) Legislative Luncheon in Broward
- May 31, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Announces Rankings In Chambers And Partners USA 2017
- May 25, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Shareholder Beth-Ann Krimsky Re-Elected To Ramat Shalom’s Board Of Directors
- Apr 3, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Hosts Commercial Real Estate Women’s Luncheon