Greenspoon Marder LLP’s national Insurance Recovery and Counseling Practice Group represents policyholders in all types of insurance matters. We offer a practical, real-world approach to both assessing and addressing your insurance needs and, securing insurance recovery in connection with both first and third-party insurance policies. Greenspoon Marder lawyers are strong advocates for policyholders in cases involving nearly every type of insurance coverage for both corporate and individual clients all over the country. We have successfully secured hundreds of millions of dollars in defense costs, settlement, and indemnity payments on behalf of our clients. Our goal is to maximize your insurance payout as efficiently and expeditiously as possible.
We can assist with all aspects of the insurance process, from procuring policies and coverages through final resolution of any claims that might arise. This includes providing you with the following services, among many others:
- Reviewing your current insurance policies
- Helping to negotiate the wording of policy provisions and terms
- Crafting specialized endorsements focused on your particular business or situation
- Advising on the claim process and assisting with the presentation of a claim
- Responding to requests for information or examinations under oath
- Challenging any denial of coverage
- Responding to reservation of rights letters and analyzing potential conflicts of interest
- Negotiating interim or partial payments
- Ensuring that any statutory and policy deadlines and obligations are met
- Advocating for coverage
- When necessary, mediating, arbitrating, or litigating your claim to completion
Our Insurance Recovery & Counseling team also provide guidance on business issues, such as risk management strategies, the interplay between insurance and contractual and statutory indemnification issues, reviewing the insurance language included in your standard contract documents to maximize your coverage and protection, identifying emerging insurance trends, and providing practical advice and solutions for your insurance needs.
- Secured over $120 million in defense and indemnity payments from an insurer on behalf of a Fortune 500 client in a Qui Tam action involving over a dozen written court opinions.
- Secured tens of millions of dollars in payouts on behalf of MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL players under permanent disability, loss-of-value, temporary total disability, and critical injury insurance policies and coverages.
- Successfully sued parent insurance company for bad faith and breach of fiduciary duties in connection with the sale of a life insurance subsidiary to buyer known for denying claims.
- Counseled professional sports teams and leagues in connection with their COVID-19 business interruption insurance claims and cases.
- Secured six-figure disability insurance payouts and significant health care coverage payouts for actors and musicians under individual disability policies and the SAG/AFTRA Health Plan.
- Crafted cost-of-insurance nationwide class action complaint involving hundreds of thousands of potential class plaintiffs arising out of employer provided universal life policies.
- Represented motion picture and television companies in connection with COVID-19 business interruption claims as well as claims triggering coverage under Entertainment Insurance programs, Production policies, Producer and Entertainment policies, workers’ compensation and contingent workers’ compensation insurance policies, general liability policies, employer’s liability coverages, directors and officers coverages, and excess/umbrella coverages.
- Secured $20 million in insurance coverage from Environmental, D&O, P&C and Business Interruption insurers, in a case involving criminal indictments and proceedings.
- Involved with first-party natural disaster and catastrophic insurance claims and coverages, including representing individual homeowners impacted by California’s annual wild fires.
- Counseled college and professional athletes concerning the availability of insurance coverage for endorsement deals with pay for play provisions.
- Represented health care providers in securing defense and indemnity recoveries from insurance companies and joint powers authorities.